Contribute
Register

AppleNVMe Assert failed: ASUS Prime X299-A II/Intel Core i7-9800x/Radeon VII/Mojave Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
here is my new Config
It's ludicrous.

Why have you enabled all of those unnecessary ACPI fixes ?
A good rule of thumb is "If you don't know what it does then don't enable it".

Hi, if you are looking at the last config I sent you, that is how the installer set it up after I reinstalled clover today. There is no that I know what they even mean or do. I accept that the previous config got wonky after days of fiddling with it, though.

So what needs to be corrected on the latest config?

LOL, BTW I have left the bootloader to do its thing without any boot args, and it appears—after a long wait—to go all the way to the end of the progress bar (takes about 20 minutes), but then it hangs there… I'll wait another half hour to see what it does?

I'll wait another half hour to see what it does?
Good luck with that.
Boot in verbose mode to see what is happening.

Fix 1.png

Fix 2.png

3.png

A good rule of thumb is "If you don't know what it does then don't enable it".

P1LGRIM, thanks so much for your time, but I still am struggling.

With the attached config.plist I get stuck at AppleNVMe Assert failed.

I have tried to cut out as much as possible and have disabled some patches, and have attached the latest boot screen image.

Attachments

• config.plist
    25.3 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG-3155.JPG
    IMG-3155.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 56
Please can someone help me get past these errors. I have tried many times and can't get it right. I have reinstalled Clover, and tried to make changes as implied by the criticism of my config from P1LGRIM, however I get no clues as to what exactly i should change.

This is the latest screenshot of boot and my config file. I have researched 1393 error but nothing seems to work, I am at wits end. Sorry for sounding terse.

What must I do in order to boot into the installer?

ps. also supplying dsdt.aml in the EFI volume root and the .aml patches that have been placed in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched for reference.

ssdt1-3.aml and dsdt.aml were created in linux and imported to MaciIasl before being saved to the partition. The other .aml files are from the fixes suggested in 1393 error posts that I have explored over the past few days.

Attachments

• config.plist
    26.1 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG-3161.JPG
    IMG-3161.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 54
  • ssdt1.aml
    2.3 KB · Views: 62
  • ssdt2.aml
    9.8 KB · Views: 77
  • ssdt3.aml
    50.1 KB · Views: 70
  • SSDT-USBX.aml
    185 bytes · Views: 84
  • SSDT-EC.aml
    63 bytes · Views: 73
  • SSDT-SB-OC.aml
    988 bytes · Views: 82
Hi P1LGRIM, I am sorry to say that I'm still stuck at boot With "AppleNVMe Assert Failed: ( 0 != data )…", but screen does not have 1393 error? Could you help me? I really, really would be grateful.

Attachments

• IMG_3165.jpg
    IMG_3165.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 47
  • config.plist
    23.6 KB · Views: 56
Ah well, goodbye.

I'm afraid that there is a problem with the new generation X299-Boards resp. Cascade Lake X... I have also no luck to boot a Prime-A II nor a MSI X299 Pro (not the Pro Carbon, this one: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/X299-PRO/). I have tried with 7900X, 9900X and 9960X, with Clover and OC, with HS, Mojave and Catalina... not even the boot begins, both boards reboots instantly after the clover or OC boot-window. I had success with all previous X299 Boards from MSI, Asrock, Gigabyte and Asus, but not with the quoted new ones.
I would love to test this one: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Prime-X299-Edition-30/overview/, but I think we have the same problem. Hm.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back