GForce
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi.
I just got my apple wireless keyboard and is working with a bluetooth dongle.
I restarted my computer.
So here is when the problem began. I have two operating systems on my computer. Lion and Ubuntu. When I tried to select one the
keyboard did not work so I could not choose an OS. Also I could not access the Bios (Basically the apple keyboard does not work until I am booted into Lion).
I used my old USB keyboard to select the OS and once I booted into Lion the wireless keyboard worked.
Is there a way that the apple wireless keyboard will respond when I boot so that I can select an operating system and also access the Bios.
Thanks a lot.

unlikely

Bluetooth hardware is initialized by the OS. To get Grub or Chameleon or Chimera to support a keyboard like yours, they'd need to include drivers for every possible bluetooth dongle/board. Your best bet would be to try one of the Logitech keyboards with an RF receiver. From what I know that's initialized as soon as it gets power on boot and should be usable.

I see ...

I was using a Logitec with RF before.I just started using the apple wireless keyboard and the trackpad.
I looked around and found that some BT dongles can use the wireless keyboard in the Bios.
I am wondering if there are any suggestions or if I can configure things somehow.
For now I am using the Logitec for boot and then switching to the apple stuff afterwords.

I was using a Logitec with RF before.I just started using the apple wireless keyboard and the trackpad.
I looked around and found that some BT dongles can use the wireless keyboard in the Bios.
I am wondering if there are any suggestions or if I can configure things somehow.
For now I am using the Logitec for boot and then switching to the apple stuff afterwords.

what mainboard and what chipset of the bluetooth dongle are you using

I used a apple bluetooth keyboard with my old desktop hackintosh, I just bought a targus usb bluetooth dongle and it worked with both bios and bootloader.

I used a apple bluetooth keyboard with my old desktop hackintosh, I just bought a targus usb bluetooth dongle and it worked with both bios and bootloader.

You don't happen to know the model number do you?

I have the D-Link DBT-120, it is very old, but it works flawlessly in BIOS with the Apple wireless keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back