Contribute
Register

Apple Unveils Redesigned Mac Pro Desktop and Pro Display XDR at WWDC

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Gigamaxx - my point was really about Press releases - Apple felt the need to get a whole bunch of people to say "theres nothing wrong" - just a sign of something.

@Gigamaxx - my point was really about Press releases - Apple felt the need to get a whole bunch of people to say "theres nothing wrong" - just a sign of something.

Most companies do press releases about how good their new hardware/software/car/food mixer/widget etc etc is. Nothing new in that so why be surprised when Apple do the same?

@ploddies - yes you are right - I think the thing that got me here was the number of companies all chipping in behind - looked to me a bit panic-e - "Call everybody. Remind them of how nice we are to them and get them to say nice things about us."

This was a collection of quotes, not really Apple tooting their own horn.

@ploddies - yes you are right - I think the thing that got me here was the number of companies all chipping in behind - looked to me a bit panic-e - "Call everybody. Remind them of how nice we are to them and get them to say nice things about us."

If you know the history of Apple, they never really open up their doors for collaboration with other companies or receiving feedback. This is actually a good thing. The fact that they went and, for example, worked with the RED CEO to get R3D files accelerated with Metal is the first time I’ve seen them do that.

Apple is a business, but the Mac is not a big money maker for them.They really didn’t have to do all this, eventually they could have killed the Mac Pro.

If you know the history of Apple, they never really open up their doors for collaboration with other companies or receiving feedback. This is actually a good thing. The fact that they went and, for example, worked with the RED CEO to get R3D files accelerated with Metal is the first time I’ve seen them do that.

Apple is a business, but the Mac is not a big money maker for them.They really didn’t have to do all this, eventually they could have killed the Mac Pro.

I wasn’t sure if that was the same red that started the petition for Nvidia. That is a good reference since he was so ctlritical.
Apple does work with various vendors and software companies before release of products. The beta program is a good plan for small companies to work out bugs. I’m sure the big companies get advance products to test like AMD and the Navi kext we found in December. No longer there in full form but a 6000kext could be on the way.

I wasn’t sure if that was the same red that started the petition for Nvidia. That is a good reference since he was so ctlritical.
Apple does work with various vendors and software companies before release of products. The beta program is a good plan for small companies to work out bugs. I’m sure the big companies get advance products to test like AMD and the Navi kext we found in December. No longer there in full form but a 6000kext could be on the way.

Yeah he posted on his Instagram how happy he was with what Apple did. That says a lot.

While CUDA can do 1x 8k stream wirh R3D, Apple was able to do 3x streams with the afterburner card and ProRes RAW. They are working on Metal acceleration for R3D in REDs native format which comes out in September.

I really think it is stupid of Apple to blockade NVIDIA. NVIDIA is just another GPU maker like AMD. Apple is supposed to be a platform, and the Mac Pro is a module platform with add-on capability.

I really think we'll see NVIDIA support again with Catalina, so don't lose hope.

I've done stuff for Apple I know how they work, and they are mercurial. This whole move with putting AMD in all their computers is to advance another company so NVIDIA is less monopolistic. Sony does the same with the AMD GPU/APUs, they fund R&D etc.

I really think it is stupid of Apple to blockade NVIDIA. NVIDIA is just another GPU maker like AMD. Apple is supposed to be a platform, and the Mac Pro is a module platform with add-on capability.

I really think we'll see NVIDIA support again with Catalina, so don't lose hope.

I've done stuff for Apple I know how they work, and they are mercurial. This whole move with putting AMD in all their computers is to advance another company so NVIDIA is less monopolistic. Sony does the same with the AMD GPU/APUs, they fund R&D etc.

I don't think Apple is blockading anything. If they were, Nvidia should sue Apple for everything they are worth and complain to DOJ and FTC for anti-competitive behavior.

In light of the recent calls by politicians to break up Apple, there's no way Apple would risk this especially when they stand to gain nothing from it. It's not like Apple sells video cards. What would they care?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back