Contribute
Register

Apple Unveils Redesigned Mac Pro Desktop and Pro Display XDR at WWDC

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you zoom in, you'll see tiny aluminium mesh front and back

I see the tiny little dots. That's not going to allow much air in there at all.

like a air filter type front
1571281475153.png

Here's a Mac Pro case next to the one you found. The Mac Pro looks like it's got much larger perforations. Even with the Mac Pro cases, I found airflow to be a bit restricted.

View attachment 431071View attachment 431072
this was a design concept before the trash can mac pro came out, if it is a mesh like front, it should be similar thermals to fractal design meshify c.

this was a design concept before the trash can mac pro came out, if it is a mesh like front, it should be similar thermals to fractal design meshify c.

This is my idea of good airflow:

IMG_0155.jpg

I'm no expert in air flow, nor in case design, but I wonder if they can use this kind of steel mesh front in that concept design. I'm shopping for a new case just now, which case is this that you are using?

For the MacPro1,1-5,1 it probably won't work because the area using this kind of mesh would be too large and it wouldn't provide enough strength.

I think the upcoming MacPro7,1 will have great airflow because of how large the openings are.

I'm using a Silverstone Tj-08E. Airflow is fantastic with this case. I replaced the stock fan with a 180mm PWM fan (stock is not PWM). I have a 2x 2.5" drive hot swap cage at the bottom and 3x 3.5" hot swap cage on top. Internally, I use a Noctua NH-D15S heatsink with dual fans.

For the MacPro1,1-5,1 it probably won't work because the area using this kind of mesh would be too large and it wouldn't provide enough strength.

I think the upcoming MacPro7,1 will have great airflow because of how large the openings are.

I'm using a Silverstone Tj-08E. Airflow is fantastic with this case. I replaced the stock fan with a 180mm PWM fan (stock is not PWM). I have a 2x 2.5" drive hot swap cage at the bottom and 3x 3.5" hot swap cage on top. Internally, I use a Noctua NH-D15S heatsink with dual fans.

Thanks! Nice case!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back