Register

Apple Unveils Redesigned Mac Pro Desktop and Pro Display XDR at WWDC

Motherboard
Z370 Gigabyte Gaming 7
CPU
i7 8700K
Graphics
GTX970 x2
Thanks you totally have proved my point; not much serious innovative has come out of apple long before Jobs died. And your correct I did not own a Mac when that was all apple made that is because they were way way more expensive then my PC was and I was seriously poor. My first PC was a HP mother board I scavenged out of my friends garage with a 386DX chip, a power supply I bought at a computer junk yard for like $25 and a card board box, I think it had a Dimond MM video card, and some kind of onboard sound.

Just because you look good and everyone wants to look good like you does not make you innovative. it makes you Trendy! The same goes for smart phones becoming part of society they were on they're way already long before the iPhone. But no one knows if jobs really came up with the idea of the iPhone. I would guess some undergraduate from MIT brought Jobs the idea and he just signed off on it. In reality The iPhone was just an iPod photo with a Phone modem added not really innovative there... Google glasses were a failure before they even got released google hushed those under the rug as faster as Microsoft ditched windows 8.

But just the same here are two:

Face ID scanner is/was Innovative

Apple Watch is innovative - the new one more so than ever since it can detect heart attacks, I would say that it will be revolutionary and saving heart patients.
Scot,
I appreciate your passion! That is your opinion. Mac wasn't about looking good. The design initially was their operating system and that it was visual and easy to use That was the strength of apple. I good looking product if fine to, I can appreciate a fine visual design, but it has to work well and be intuitive too.

Motherboard
Asus z170
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
RTX 2060
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
Centris, Color Classic, Xserve, SE/30
Mobile Phone
iOS
I like the cheese grater design.

Motherboard
ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-F
CPU
I5-8600K
Graphics
RX580
Mac
Mac mini, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
And that's why the Blackberry died.
Blackberry is not what they were in the late 90's early 00's but they still exist. I am guessing they still exist because there is some kind of market for people that still would prefer to have a physical keyboard. Their biggest misstep was trying to continue with using their own BB OS instead of adopting android like everyone else who was not apple did.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Ultra Gaming
CPU
Core i3-6100
Graphics
EVGA GTX 960 FTW
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
Most of them by the time the time the iPhone was coming out did not need the stylist. Some people would still prefer the physical keyboard.
Blackberry, Palm and Windows Phone (Microsoft) all had their chance to crush Apple when Steve Jobs introduced the iPhone in 2007, but they didn't. They dismissed it, laughed about it, made snide comments and went about their "tried and true" methods of serving the market. Which one of these companies even has a high single digit marketshare in the mobile phone industry now? All of them had their own proprietary OS to compete against Apple, so they held their fate in their own hands...and they botched it. Every, single, one of them. Explain that.

Some people lost out to the demands of consumers and the free market and that is sometimes how it shakes out.

pastrychef

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (Wi-Fi AC)
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iBook, Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Motherboard
HP 8300 Elite
CPU
i5-3570
Graphics
GT 710
Mobile Phone
Android
None of the Pro app developers are complaining
Why would they? Have they ever complained before about a monitor? This is just apple trying to say their monitor is good (so you might forget the stand).

pastrychef

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (Wi-Fi AC)
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iBook, Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Why would they? Have they ever complained before about a monitor? This is just apple trying to say their monitor is good (so you might forget the stand).
The only people complaining are the people for whom these products were never intended.

Get over the stand. Not like you would ever have purchased the monitor anyway.

Motherboard
HP 8300 Elite
CPU
i5-3570
Graphics
GT 710
Mobile Phone
Android
for sure - but - Why would you release a Press release that says - Nobody's complaining about our monitors?