Contribute
Register

Apple Releases OS X El Capitan 'Golden Master' GM Candidate to Beta Testers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use iMac 13,2 definition for my hack. I believe that the onboard 10 pin USB 2.0 connectors are disabled by default when using this definition. This is a workaround to get them working again.

if you use macro 3,1 definition it might not necessary.

I use iMac 13,2 definition for my hack. I believe that the onboard 10 pin USB 2.0 connectors are disabled by default when using this definition. This is a workaround to get them working again.

if you use macro 3,1 definition it might not necessary.

OK I see thanks, I'm on 14.2 I've tried your patch but it's not working for me.

Just wanna report a Success story.

Gigabyte Z87X-D3H
ASUS 760GTX DirectCU heatsink
Behringer UCA202 (Soundcard)
IOGear Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter
TP-Link PCI Express Wifi Adapter (N)
32GB RAM

App store upgrade to El Capitan GM candidate from Yosemite on Clover

Added modified OsxAptioFixDrv to Drivers64UEFI
and FakeSMC to 10.11 kext folder
Clover v2359

Downloaded, rebooted, selected install partition, waited "26 minutes" before another reboot and came back to login screen for El Capitan.

Bluetooth didn't work on first boot, changed USB port on adapter and rebooted. Now working. Haven't tested onboard audio as I prefer to have an external sound card (20 dollars for no headaches). Not bothered by ethernet port as I use the wifi adapter.

iMessage, FaceTime and iCloud working on second boot.

Minor issues
4 USB ports not working (only the top 2 black ones and one of my case ports is functional)

Proof
http://imgur.com/2SOcTzb

OK I see thanks, I'm on 14.2 I've tried your patch but it's not working for me.

i had the same issue with imac 14.2 definitions, i jumped to macpro 3.1 and my usb was working like a charm :D

Just wanna report a Success story.

Gigabyte Z87X-D3H
ASUS 760GTX DirectCU heatsink
Behringer UCA202 (Soundcard)
IOGear Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter
TP-Link PCI Express Wifi Adapter (N)
32GB RAM

App store upgrade to El Capitan GM candidate from Yosemite on Clover

Added modified OsxAptioFixDrv to Drivers64UEFI
and FakeSMC to 10.11 kext folder
Clover v2359

Downloaded, rebooted, selected install partition, waited "26 minutes" before another reboot and came back to login screen for El Capitan.

Bluetooth didn't work on first boot, changed USB port on adapter and rebooted. Now working. Haven't tested onboard audio as I prefer to have an external sound card (20 dollars for no headaches). Not bothered by ethernet port as I use the wifi adapter.

iMessage, FaceTime and iCloud working on second boot.

Minor issues
4 USB ports not working (only the top 2 black ones and one of my case ports is functional)

Proof
http://imgur.com/2SOcTzb

Nice i have the same board, havnet got audio working either, at least toledas fix didnt work (yet?) what systemdefinition are you using? my macpto 3.1 gets all the usb working..
edit: seems you are using imac 14.2, that one didnt work for me either :s

i had the same issue with imac 14.2 definitions, i jumped to macpro 3.1 and my usb was working like a charm :D

Thanks for that, I'll give 3.1 a go later.

I did this:

* downloaded GM
* made a USB stick as described in the http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...ublic-beta-installation-usb-using-clover.html thread
* copied my Clover EFI partition to the USB stick's EFI partition using STANDARD plist
* double-clicked GM to start installation while still in PB6
* at first restart I chose USB stick as startup drive in BIOS (F12 for me), then chose Install OS X partition created by installer from Clover list
* went through first round of installation
* restart, again chose USB stick as startup drive, then chose El Capitan partition (the Install partition disappeared) from Clover list
* waited for 15 minutes looking at black screen – the only indication something was installing was the hard disk light blinking
* hey presto!

There's quite a big chance I could have skipped copying Cappy to the USB stick and just copied the EFI partition and plist. In any case, it worked, and attempts to install straight from USB or to skip the USB stick startup drive did not succeed.

Anyone got an idea on this?

Kexts in Other Folder, using AptioFix2, but stuck on this abnormal exit code... IMG_0395.jpg

Regarding the usb issue try they following.

<key>Patches</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Rename EHC1 to EH01</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>RUhDMQ==</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>RUgwMQ==</data>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Rename EHC2 to EH02</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>RUhDMg==</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>RUgwMg==</data>
</dict>
</array>

Or copy/paste the relevant section from my config.plist used by the BRIX: https://github.com/RehabMan/Gigabyte-BRIX-s-DSDT-Patch

Is this specifically for your board or for El Cap in general, and if so does it matter where it goes in the config?

Most DSDTs in PCs use EHC1 and EHC2 for the EHCI controllers. Including Macs. Renaming to EH01 and EH02 avoid matching against the built-in port injectors (so-called port restrictors) that are part of the new USB drivers.

Without the port injectors active, the system uses DSDT to determine which ports should be activated. It won't always work, because this DSDT code is also commonly wrong. But the rename to disable the built-in port injectors is always a good first step.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back