Contribute
Register

Apple Releases OS X El Capitan 'Golden Master' GM Candidate to Beta Testers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I patched the beta web drivers to accept to run on the beta (changed 15A to 15B in NVDAStartupWeb.kext).

I had the same issue at first till i realized i needed to patch the nvdastartupweb.kext info.plist. So i changed it to 15B and then (this is what you might have forgotten- not trying to assume sorry if it sounds like it)- you gotta repair the kexts to rebuild the permissions. Then restart and then you should be good to go again :) Nvidia web drivers working perfectly!

I use kext utility for repairing my kexts. As soon as you open the app it repairs it for you. Once the message says completed, just restart like you normally would.

You can download it from here

Just updated to 10.11.1 Works Great :thumbup:

Can you install this over the GM Candidate version, or do you need to do a fresh install?

Success! The GM is up and running on my GA-B85M-D3H. :headbang:

I did have to download the full installer from the App Store and run it from my El Cap drive, but everything is looking good.

Tom

Did you do anything special?

I have the same board, running with GTX 650 Ti and I am having audio issues after waking from sleep, occasional stuttering when doing simple tasks like web browsing, as well as the occasional reboots.

Thanks!

Did you do anything special?

I have the same board, running with GTX 650 Ti and I am having audio issues after waking from sleep, occasional stuttering when doing simple tasks like web browsing, as well as the occasional reboots.

Thanks!

I didn't do anything special, though I didn't use TonyMac's Unibeast to install because it hadn't been released yet. I did use the vanilla config.plist along with the FakeSMC and Ethernet kexts that can be downloaded from this site. I have no problem with sound but only because I gave up on ALC892 and installed a Vantec NBA-120U USB sound card which is natively recognized. I also have no stuttering or reboots. I suspect that your video card drivers might be the issue since I have used an Nvidia GT 640, GTX 650, and Radeon HD 5770 on El Cap with equal success. It's possible that the GTX 650 Ti may need Nvidia's web drivers. If it does, download and install them and see if it makes a difference. I had to do so when I tested a GT 740 SC on El Cap, which didn't require web drivers for many users but did for me.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back