Contribute
Register

Apple Releases OS X El Capitan 'Golden Master' GM Candidate to Beta Testers

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's weird because my GT 740 "just worked". I haven't installed Nvidia drivers.

I wish that my GT 740 just worked. What happens is that I get caught up in a shutdown startup loop when I install it and it never gets to the desktop. If I use the nv_disable=1 switch I get to the desktop but with no acceleration. I'm waiting for a specific set of Nvidia web drivers for the GM to see if that fixes the problem.

Update 9/19/15:

I got the GT 740 working by installing the latest Nvidia web driver with the Mac Pro 3,1 system definition. After that I was able to switch back to the iMac 14,2 and it still worked. What I couldn't get working was the ALC 892 sound, and the speed improvement of the GT 740 over the GT 640 was nonexistent. I pulled the GT 740, which I will now use in my Windows machine so that I can pass its HD 5770 on to my son.

Have you tried Clover 3270?. any new fixes? I've never had issues with AptioFix.

I wish that my GT 740 just worked. What happens is that I get caught up in a shutdown startup loop when I install it and it never gets to the desktop. If I use the nv_disable=1 switch I get to the desktop but with no acceleration. I'm waiting for a specific set of Nvidia web drivers for the GM to see if that fixes the problem.

how many monitors do you have connected to it ? And on which ports ?

My GTX-970 makes my mac reboot right when opening the window server (or at the end of the boot sequence) when I connect more than one screen. It also doesn't like anything else than DVI until I'm in the finder. Then I can hook the second monitor.

how many monitors do you have connected to it ? And on which ports ?

My GTX-970 makes my mac reboot right when opening the window server (or at the end of the boot sequence) when I connect more than one screen. It also doesn't like anything else than DVI until I'm in the finder. Then I can hook the second monitor.

Just one monitor on DVI. :(

Intel NUC i5 Gold Master

Tried updating my NUC Clover build from the app store to El Capitan. After install the computer rebooted then failed to load to desktop. The load bar was full but never moved past the boot screen. Any suggestions?

Check your EFI partition and see if you have kexts in either CLOVER/kexts/10.11/ or CLOVER/kexts/Other/ (the latter only if you've deleted the 10.x directories there).

Check your EFI partition and see if you have kexts in either CLOVER/kexts/10.11/ or CLOVER/kexts/Other/ (the latter only if you've deleted the 10.x directories there).

Could I do it with terminal commands from the install drive? I'm not the best with terminal but I'm not bad at copy/paste if you know what I mean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back