Contribute
Register

Apple Releases OS X El Capitan 'Golden Master' GM Candidate to Beta Testers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated to 10.11 GM with no issues updated via the EI Capitan 10.11 GM App from the app store like a official mac. everything is all working no shutdown or reboot problems booting from EFI on legacy bios. Hardware: MSI-G41M-P25 Quad Core Xeon 2.67Ghz :headbang:

Good job mate.. glad you got it to work.. how did u fix the audio issue ??

Had to use VoodooHDA no audio with ALC889 wether it's with Chameleon or Clover Audio Injection. So used VoodooHDA 0.2.1 from Multibeast.

Hi,

Now that the GM is out, I would like to give El Cap another go (instaled iOS 9 GM yesterday) but I must admit I struggle a bit with the steps to achieve this.

I have a bootable USB with Beta 1 and the latest Clover, could someone be so kind to list in bulletpoints what neds to be done to have the GM running?

Thanks a million :)

Hi,

Now that the GM is out, I would like to give El Cap another go (instaled iOS 9 GM yesterday) but I must admit I struggle a bit with the steps to achieve this.

I have a bootable USB with Beta 1 and the latest Clover, could someone be so kind to list in bulletpoints what neds to be done to have the GM running?

Thanks a million :)

1) make a GPT install USB with 10.11 GM using createinstallmedia in the Install OS X.app bundle.
2) set up/configure clover bootloader r3263 USB on the EFI partition of that flash drive.
3) boot the install USB drive and choose Instal OS X in clover menu.

You will need clover r3263 to avoid the AptioFix issue, disable SPI and be able to inject kexts with clover.

Yes, but you'll need the Xcode for El Capitan and H/W tools (IIRC), the latter of which is only available to developers. So, for just users, a pre-compiled version of r3263 is preferable. If a link is not available, then referencing a non published version should be noted as a beta version, at the least. :thumbup:

Yes, but you'll need the Xcode for El Capitan and H/W tools (IIRC), the latter of which is only available to developers. So, for just users, a pre-compiled version of r3263 is preferable. If a link is not available, then referencing a non published version should be noted as a beta version, at the least. :thumbup:

Only Xcode. No H/W tools needed.

Only Xcode. No H/W tools needed.
Thank you. I got some wrong info, then. :eek: I'll give it a try.

BTW, if you have an existing Clover installation USB drive and an El Capitan installation, how do you update Clover on those two drives? Is it as simple as updating Chimera?

I ask because, I've been using UniBeast/MultiBeast up until the El Capitan betas. I'm currently using r3259 with tony's config.plist Standard.

Thank you. I got some wrong info, then. :eek: I'll give it a try.

BTW, if you have an existing Clover installation USB drive and an El Capitan installation, how do you update Clover on those two drives? Is it as simple as updating Chimera?

I ask because, I've been using UniBeast/MultiBeast up until the El Capitan betas. I'm currently using r3259 with tony's config.plist Standard.

in the clover installer, you just point to the correct drive you want to update.. works just as any other software installer..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back