Contribute
Register

Apple Previews macOS 14 Sonoma - Available Fall 2023

Bad news for Broadcom cards: IO80211FamilyLegacy.kext has been removed
Bro to be put back later I hope, there's a lot of genuine Apple Cards out in the wild that depends on this kext.
I would like to think its an oversight by the Apple engineers, won't be the first time.

No need to lose sleep its early days yet.

Guys, be careful not to discuss Developer Previews. That's against site rules.

But early betas usually are fluid so who knows the final feature set?

:)

@esafeddie I hope so. If not, maybe injecting it via OCLP might be an option to implement later.

Implementing Bluetooth for for Broadcom cards took quite while to fix on Monterey but in the end it worked again. So I am not really worried.

Apple has now made all of these betas available to everyone for free, with 2 tears of apple developer account. Free and paid. I downloaded my sonoma from there, i think this rule needs to be changed now.

Apple has now made all of these betas available to everyone for free, with 2 tears of apple developer account. Free and paid. I downloaded my sonoma from there, i think this rule needs to be changed now.
Wow this changes things for sure.

Agree

Guys, be careful not to discuss Developer Previews. That's against site rules.

But early betas usually are fluid so who knows the final feature set?

:)
Sonoma beta is freely available to the public as long as they have an Apple ID. This is the first time I can remember where we don’t need to be a paid developer.

So does this mean we can freely install and discuss Sonoma?

Update: Nevermind, I should have read all the posts before commenting.

Back