Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Screen Shot 2023-06-05 at 1.44.59 PM.png
Today at WWDC Apple previewed the next major revision to its macOS operating system, macOS 14 Sonoma. A Developer Preview version will be available immediately for registered Apple Developers, with a Public Beta expected in July.

The developer preview of macOS Sonoma is now available to Mac Developer Program members. To help make macOS even better, Apple is also providing a macOS Public Beta Program, which gives customers early access and invites them to try out the release and submit their feedback. Mac users can participate in the Apple Beta Software Program for macOS Ventura this July and download the final version for free from the Mac App Store this fall.

Screen Shot 2023-06-05 at 1.57.06 PM.png
In order to download and test out macOS Sonoma, you must be a registered and paid member of the Apple Developer Program. Please note, our rules prohibit discussion of the Developer Beta, but will allow discussion of the Public Beta when it is available.
  • This site allows discussion of pre-release software (such as macOS Public Beta software builds) from the free Apple Beta Software Program. This site does NOT support pre-release Apple Developer Program Beta software, and does NOT allow the discussion of installation or use of Apple Developer Program Beta software. Repeated violations of this rule will result in a permanent ban. No Apple Developer Program Builds, Apple Beta Software Program builds only.
Apple Developer Program
https://developer.apple.com/devcenter/mac/index.action

Apple Beta Software Program
https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/welcome

Related:
Apple Silicon Mac Pro Announced at WWDC 2023
Name the Next macOS (14.0)
WWDC 2023 Announced for June 5-9

Last edited:
Fingers crossed that it'll be a universal binary...

Moved some posts here:

My only question: Is Wine built in?

I just got an email from a developer who told me the dev beta is Apple Silicon only:

macOS 14 beta​

• Released June 5, 2023
  • Build 23A5257q

Download Restore Image​

• Mac computers with the Apple silicon 23A5257q
:ugeek:

On the developer.apple.com yes, but the Intel version is coming, it's out there.
Odd on Intel Mac it shows Intel Version.

I just got an email from a developer who told me the dev beta is Apple Silicon only:

macOS 14 beta​

• Released June 5, 2023
  • Build 23A5257q

Download Restore Image​

• Mac computers with the Apple silicon 23A5257q
:ugeek:
nope, have seen others install it on Intel

Last edited:
nope, have seen others install it on Intel

So the beta is available for intel as well? I mean I don't see why not as it still has support for Intel.

Back