GeForce 8400GS
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey everybody!!!!

So recently, I successfully installed Snow Leopard on my build (Apart from some difficulties with sound) without using a dsdt. Then, i decided to use a DSDT in case that would help with the sound (I'm a noob). So i downloaded the DSDT to my desktop, and used multibeast to install UserDSDT. I then restarted my computer, and upon booting up, I was greeted with the ever so charming texts of a kernel panic....... It backtraced to Apple Intel CPU Power Management (or so the text said)..... I've tried booting into single user mode, safe mode, verbose mode, ignoring caches, PCIRootUID=1, GraphicsEnabler=No, GraphicsEnabler=Yes..... All of it..... but my system wont boot, it gives me the same kernel panic every time........ I've tried updating the BIOS (I have an intel DH67BL mobo), and it gives me 2 options to update from, ".Trashes" and "EFI" There is nothing inside .Trashes, and It hangs of i press enter on EFI........ Any help would be greatly appreciated... trust me, I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey everybody!!!!

So recently, I successfully installed Snow Leopard on my build (Apart from some difficulties with sound) without using a dsdt. Then, i decided to use a DSDT in case that would help with the sound (I'm a noob). So i downloaded the DSDT to my desktop, and used multibeast to install UserDSDT. I then restarted my computer, and upon booting up, I was greeted with the ever so charming texts of a kernel panic....... It backtraced to Apple Intel CPU Power Management (or so the text said)..... I've tried booting into single user mode, safe mode, verbose mode, ignoring caches, PCIRootUID=1, GraphicsEnabler=No, GraphicsEnabler=Yes..... All of it..... but my system wont boot, it gives me the same kernel panic every time........ I've tried updating the BIOS (I have an intel DH67BL mobo), and it gives me 2 options to update from, ".Trashes" and "EFI" There is nothing inside .Trashes, and It hangs of i press enter on EFI........ Any help would be greatly appreciated... trust me, I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

amaddali
When you installed the OSX the first time what method did you use to install the OSX - did you use iBoot
Did you use an Apple Retail 10.6 DVD
Please describe the how...
ALso you can get into the BIOS and check that you have AHCI - HPET a-64 set and S3 in powermanagment set.

When I installed OSX, I used iboot an a retail snow leopard cd. As for the HPET and S3 power power management, I'll need some help finding those on my BIOS, and i believe I have AHCI enabled (it is default on intel my mobo, but i checked anyway). Thank You for responding by the way!

When I installed OSX, I used iboot an a retail snow leopard cd. As for the HPET and S3 power power management, I'll need some help finding those on my BIOS, and i believe I have AHCI enabled (it is default on intel my mobo, but i checked anyway). Thank You for responding by the way!

amadahli97

As to the BIOS Intel has 3 versions posted here -
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Desktop+Boards&ProductLine=Intel%c2%ae+6+Series+Chipset+Boards&ProductProduct=Intel%c2%ae+Desktop+Board+DH67BL

Also they show you how to update your bios - as you stated you do have AHCI enabled by default and HPET is not listed so we assume that is a default feature and we do need to find the setting for S3
If you BIOS screens are typical this would be under Power Managment or Sleep settings

See if you can update your BIOS
Boot w iBoot and use this command to attempt to install the OSX DVD

Best Startup Switch for inital install from iBoot w Apple DVD
-x -v -f acpi=off PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No
-x -v -f apci=off cpus=1 PCIRootUID=1 busratio=20 GraphicsEnabler=No

if the above two lines fail (either) then you may want to add this to both and try again - npci=0x2000

Do know that the case and the dash's and the space's are important

What we hope for is to get to the Apple OSX installer so that we can partition and prepare the HD.

amaddali

I think your motherboard has a ALC892 codec
per this spec - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813121506&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-pla-_-NA-_-NA

Have you tried to use the Multibeast w the following items selected

EASYBEAST install
System Utilities - all options
Drivers & Bootloaders > Kexts & Enablers > Audio > Realtek ALC8xx > ALC8XXHDA selected.
If you have updated to any OSX 10.6.6 -.7 -.8 then you should also select.
Drivers & Bootloaders > Kexts & Enablers > Audio > Realtek ALC8xx > AppleHDA Rollback selected.
Drivers & Bootloaders > Kexts & Enablers > Audio > Realtek ALC8xx > Non DSDT HDAEnabler > ALC892 selected.

These are the picks that you need ( I think) to get the onboard sound working.

Also select Customization > Boot Options > PC Root ID Fix Select ( as you have a sandy bridge CPU

You may also need to look at the Sound in System Preferences ans Select Interal Speakers Type = Built In.

I followed your advice and installed all that you said, but after installing AppleHDA rollback, I got a kernel panic, and it was conflicting with VoodooHDA.kext, so I booted into safe mode and deleted the AppleHDA.kext, and now it boots fine, but the sound was not affected......... Should I delete Voodoo and install the AppleHDA rollback using multibeast again? And my geekbench score is 7126.... I have an i3 processor, is that considered low? And if so, how can i bring it up? Also, upon booting, I am not greeted with a login password screen (except if i boot in safe mode), why is that?

I followed your advice and installed all that you said, but after installing AppleHDA rollback, I got a kernel panic, and it was conflicting with VoodooHDA.kext, so I booted into safe mode and deleted the AppleHDA.kext, and now it boots fine, but the sound was not affected......... Should I delete Voodoo and install the AppleHDA rollback using multibeast again? And my geekbench score is 7126.... I have an i3 processor, is that considered low? And if so, how can i bring it up? Also, upon booting, I am not greeted with a login password screen (except if i boot in safe mode), why is that?

Delete VoodooHDA kext if you are going to use ALC8xx+AppleHDA+NonDSDT Enabler.

I've done so, but now i get a terrible sound crackle..... Just really bad sound quality...... Any .plist editing????? And if I don't boot with iboot, it gives me some sort of HFS+ boot0 error..... Any ideas? I appreciate the help, I feel like I'm getting closer to the fix :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back