Intel Dual Core 2.4ghz
Graphics
Nvidia 8600GT
Mac
Mac mini
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
That is a beautiful build. What really got me intrigued was the pci-e extender cable. Never knew such a thing existed until I actually did a search for it.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI
CPU
Intel Core i7-3770T
Graphics
ASUS EAH6670/DIS/1GD5, Radeon HD 6670, 1GB GDDR5
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Android
timbck2 said:
That's some amazing work, sleppek - I only have one question: Why isn't this in the Golden Builds section? Mods?
Thank you... Why? Hmm.... I don't know :crazy:

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
@sleppak: Thank you very much for the nice drawing. Now I have a backup solution if the original sensor does not want to work in the modded cube.

As my cube arrived - I ran into another problem. The passive heat sink. How the hell did you get it out without destroying the mounting mechanism?

Thank you very much for your help and inspiration!

Ellfie

eelhead

Super Moderator
Motherboard
GA-Z170X-Designare
CPU
i5 7600k
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
iMac, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Ellfie said:
@sleppak: Thank you very much for the nice drawing. Now I have a backup solution if the original sensor does not want to work in the modded cube.

As my cube arrived - I ran into another problem. The passive heat sink. How the hell did you get it out without destroying the mounting mechanism?

Thank you very much for your help and inspiration!

Ellfie
It can be cut, basically you cut out the finned section in the middle leaving the the two side latch mechanisms alone and usable.

neilhart

Motherboard
ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming - ITX/ac
CPU
Intel i7-7700T (TDP: 35W)
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX960 2GB, ITX
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Here is the heat sink as you dissassemble it from the side rails and latch assemblies.

I cut the narrow web two places using a metal cutting wheel on my table saw. You end up with this.

neil

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI
CPU
Intel Core i7-3770T
Graphics
ASUS EAH6670/DIS/1GD5, Radeon HD 6670, 1GB GDDR5
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Android
Ellfie said:
The passive heat sink. How the hell did you get it out without destroying the mounting mechanism?
As eelhead and neilhart already said. You can use a table saw or manually like me. My version is powered by muscular strength :D

Motherboard
Asus X99-A
CPU
Graphics
GTX Titan X
Mac
iMac, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Classic, Color Classic, eMac, iBook, iMac, Performa, Power Mac, PowerBook, Quadra, Xserve
Mobile Phone
iOS
I have a spare cube and I SOOOO want to build something cool with it. I just want my GTX 680 more. :)

Oh well will have to take a look at my museum of machines and see if something else could be made, I am leaning towards a B&W G3.

Mark

Motherboard
Lion 10.7.5
CPU
core i5
Graphics
GeForce 210
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Thanks sleppek, I have learn a lot from reading through your awesome works.

Noom.

Motherboard
GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3
CPU
i5 2500k @ 4.2GHZ
Graphics
AMD Radeon HD 6850 Dual Fan Edition
Mac
iMac, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Classic
Mobile Phone
iOS
Sorry to wake this thread back up... but I am thinking of doing a mod as similar to this one as possible, but perhaps with slightly updated components.... I know this mobo has been discontinued, but does anyone know of a new one (this size, aka cube compatible) that has a dsdt in the database?

amazing work btw!!!