Contribute
Register

Apple Cube 2.0 - i5-2500T - GA-H67N-USB3-B3 - 16GB RAM - SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a beautiful build. What really got me intrigued was the pci-e extender cable. Never knew such a thing existed until I actually did a search for it.

timbck2 said:
That's some amazing work, sleppek - I only have one question: Why isn't this in the Golden Builds section? Mods?

Thank you... Why? Hmm.... I don't know :crazy:

@sleppak: Thank you very much for the nice drawing. Now I have a backup solution if the original sensor does not want to work in the modded cube.

As my cube arrived - I ran into another problem. The passive heat sink. How the hell did you get it out without destroying the mounting mechanism?

Thank you very much for your help and inspiration!

Ellfie

Ellfie said:
@sleppak: Thank you very much for the nice drawing. Now I have a backup solution if the original sensor does not want to work in the modded cube.

As my cube arrived - I ran into another problem. The passive heat sink. How the hell did you get it out without destroying the mounting mechanism?

Thank you very much for your help and inspiration!

Ellfie
It can be cut, basically you cut out the finned section in the middle leaving the the two side latch mechanisms alone and usable.

Here is the heat sink as you dissassemble it from the side rails and latch assemblies.

heatsink.jpg

I cut the narrow web two places using a metal cutting wheel on my table saw. You end up with this.

heatsink-cut.jpg

neil

Ellfie said:
The passive heat sink. How the hell did you get it out without destroying the mounting mechanism?

As eelhead and neilhart already said. You can use a table saw or manually like me. My version is powered by muscular strength :D

Cube21.jpg

I have a spare cube and I SOOOO want to build something cool with it. I just want my GTX 680 more. :)

Oh well will have to take a look at my museum of machines and see if something else could be made, I am leaning towards a B&W G3.

Mark

Thanks sleppek, I have learn a lot from reading through your awesome works.

Noom.

Sorry to wake this thread back up... but I am thinking of doing a mod as similar to this one as possible, but perhaps with slightly updated components.... I know this mobo has been discontinued, but does anyone know of a new one (this size, aka cube compatible) that has a dsdt in the database?

amazing work btw!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back