Contribute
Register

App store not working? (Unknown error has occurred) 10.8.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
To get it that way I ended up switching the ethernet driver that MultiBeast installed. so here it goes:

1. Used the "Intel - hnak's AppleIntelE1000e v2.1.7" Network driver instead of the "Realtek - Lnx2Mac's" driver (allowed me to create an "Ethernet" Interface in Network Prefs)

2. make sure org.chameleon.Boot.plist has "EthernetBuiltIn" set to "Yes" so NetworkInterfaces.plist has "IOBuiltin" set to "<true/>" for the en0 Ethernet

3. used the default MacPro 3,1 smbios but with a generated serial from Chameleon Wizard (not sure if that effects anything)

4. Deleted NetworkInterfaces.plist trashed it, restarted, and boom, app store working.

I have tried your entire process (as well as others in this thread) and still no luck. The weird thing is after I reboot, IOBuiltin is always false, despite EthernetBuiltin = Yes. I also tried the EFIStudio method but it tells me the Classic environment is no longer supported when I try to run it? (I'm running 10.7.2).

Any ideas? This is really frustrating :banghead:

I was unable to access App Store Updates running ML. Following the advise in reply #9, March 2013, MFBerstein wrote:

Did you remove all the interfaces in System Preferences -> Network before removing /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist?
After you reboot, you should add the built-in ethernet interface first in System Preferences, and then any others you may have.

This worked for me.
THANKS!

Adding to my prior post, I was able to access the updates at App Store. I updated ML and some apps but did not download Mavericks. After booting I had the same error as before, unable to access updates.

Going through the steps with NetworkInterfaces.plist again, now I can access the App Store update page. Not the best solution but a work around nevertheless.

jon

I was unable to access App Store Updates running ML. Following the advise in reply #9, March 2013, MFBerstein wrote:

This worked for me.
THANKS!

And for me too !!

This worked for me, deleting network preferences kext, or plist or whatever it is.

Had the same problem how I was able to fix this regarding the app store !!!

How to get there first turn on your Build !!
finder in dock click once it will show at top left side next to small black apple then click on finder there once open choose prefrences left mouse and put a check mark on the top hard disks small box [_] and your hard disks will show on your monitor right mouse your main Hard drive and select open

look for the following
library / Preferences /system Configuration / Network interface.plist /deleted Network interface.plist then rebooted your Hackintosh/ a new Network interface.plist will generate and you should be able to sign in to the app store if you are registered in the app store now !!

if not you should be able to register
Hope this helps
good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back