Contribute
Register

App store not working? (Unknown error has occurred) 10.8.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
bumping this, any help for my previous post appreciated

mfbernstein - retried that (as it's been a few weeks since I had tried this), still to no avail. Let me know if there's any other info you need to help me diagnose this problem.

Thanks again!

Try deleting (or renaming if you wish to not lose the file entirely) /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist and rebooting.

-bth

wow, worked for me, too ! thanks ! :)

This method solved it for me!! Thanks dude!!

Hey OP, I just solved this problem. Downloading Mountain Lion now.

- Update your ethernet kext, make sure it's 100% working

- Your SMBios serial MUST SHOW THE COMPUTER AT: https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do

If it just reloads the page, the serial will not work. Keep generating serials until it loads a Mac Pro. After I updated my SMBios.plist with a serial that worked there, I removed all of my network interfaces from the control panel, removed my NetworkPrefrences.plist and then rebooted.

Upon login I could login to app store! :clap:

Umm I'm using HoRNDis cos I have no ethernet connection and airport is not working(BCM43228,added PCI device and vendor ids into io80211family/bcm43224/info.plist but still not working. read somewhere that need to rebrand)

Will this method work also?
And how do I generate smbios serial? I want my model to be a mac mini instead of a mac pro. Champlist is not working..

Thank you very much for the help

did you ever get the app store to work? I have same problem, I tried the fix but did not work for me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back