Contribute
Register

App store not working? (Unknown error has occurred) 10.8.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the app store to work finally after trolling every forum and board ever.

specs:
Gigabyte z77x-udh5
asus USB-n13 wifi adapter
i7-3770K
ML 10.8.4

I followed the UniBeast MultiBeast guide on this site to a tee, but no app store. I was getting "unknown error occured", I tried everything form reseting the smbios to making sure the NetworkInterfaces.plist had "IOBuiltin true". I had a b**ch of a time trying to get the Ethernet to en0 and Wifi to en1, but once i did it worked. The main problem I had was that i couldn't create an "ethernet" interface in Network Preferences, so no en0 Ethernet.

To get it that way I ended up switching the ethernet driver that MultiBeast installed. so here it goes:

1. Used the "Intel - hnak's AppleIntelE1000e v2.1.7" Network driver instead of the "Realtek - Lnx2Mac's" driver (allowed me to create an "Ethernet" Interface in Network Prefs)

2. make sure org.chameleon.Boot.plist has "EthernetBuiltIn" set to "Yes" so NetworkInterfaces.plist has "IOBuiltin" set to "<true/>" for the en0 Ethernet

3. used the default MacPro 3,1 smbios but with a generated serial from Chameleon Wizard (not sure if that effects anything)

4. Deleted NetworkInterfaces.plist trashed it, restarted, and boom, app store working.

I know this is a really dumb question but how do you alter or delete.plist files? I tried so many different ways to find them and simply cannot. I have pretty much the same setup as broox9 and cannot access the store as well. Sorry in advance for the stupid questions.

Also I did look around in the forum and google on how to alter/find the .plist files and nothing seemed to help. However I may have missed a thread about it. If someone would even post a link to it that would be great too.

EDIT: So I just said screw it and only installed the Intel Network driver from Multibeast, restarted and now the App Store works again! So I would like to say thanks to those that suggested that.

bthall said:
Try deleting (or renaming if you wish to not lose the file entirely) /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist and rebooting.

-bth

didn't work for me

hotsandwichz said:
I had to add the following to org.chameleon.Boot.plist before it would work:

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>

As soon as I added it and rebooted I was able to signin.

did these two combined and it worked

the problem is > i don`t have the most of this .plist file... i tried to find in extra folder, preferences, etc... (i don`t have org.chameleon.Boot.plist) so if anyone can help solve the app store and iCloud problem i`ll be very thankful..

Same here, brand new socket 2011 hexy install. There is no preferences folder anymore in Library. Must be a Mountain Lion feature.

Ideas?

My Hack works again.

- iMessage with FileNVRAM.dylib Version 1.1.2 under /Extra/modules
- App Store deleted NetworkInterfaces.plist and removed all Interfaces. Now my Intel card is on en0 and this fixed it.

Does this work for Mavericks?

This worked for me on mavericks:

Fix

1. Download EFI Studio
2. Extract and launch EFIStudio-1.1 App
3. Select Ethernet from the Select Device: drop down.
4. Click Add Device, the Editor will be displayed.
5. Now open the org.chameleon.Boot.plist file located in /Extra directory with TextEdit.
6. at the end, you can see something like this
</dict>

</plist>
7. now add<key>device-properties</key>
<string>key will come here</string>
before
</dict>
</plist>
8. switch to EFI Studio and from the Editor window click the Hex String to Clipboard button.

9. replace “key will come here” with copied value
10. re-boot and you can now access app store and other apps without any problems

Tried this and still did not work.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

I had to add the following to org.chameleon.Boot.plist before it would work:

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>

As soon as I added it and rebooted I was able to signin.

It did the trick. Thank you so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back