Contribute
Register

Anyone have iMessage working?

Do you have iMessage working in Yosemite?

• Yes

Votes: 45 25.6%
  • No

Votes: 131 74.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How do I install that [audio] with Clover?
Thanks
Len

in preparation for this, note your codec (ALC892 in your case) and your Audio ID: number?
(see System Profiler > Audio > Intel High Definition Audio > Audio ID: )

EDIT: YOU NEED THE NATIVE (not patched) AppleHDA.kext TO BEGIN WITH OTHERWISE THE PATCH COMMAND MAY FAIL YOU

• mount your Clover EFI partition
  • unzip the file called audio_realtekALC-100.command and then run it (double click it or right click on it and open with Terminal)
  • the audio_realtekALC-100.command patch utility will run and will tell you what to do
  • when it is finished, it will tell you if you have succeeded or not (should be ok)
  • reboot and then go into your audio preferences and select where you want the sound (internal speakers or other sound output options)
  • if you still get no sound, do a 2nd reboot and you should have it.

I checked my EFI folder and I do not have a 10.10 folder under kexts. Should I? I know I created one for the USB boot drive.
So where do I get the ALC892 driver?

Baby Steps! :)

P.S.
I can't sign in to iMessage,FaceTime, or the App Store.
What do I need to do to resolve that?

Len

In your EFI > Clover > kext folder just create a new folder there and call it 10.10 as that is where you will place all of your kexts for Yosemite. I expect future updates of Clover to include a 10.10 folder as standard.

To fix App Store, go to System Profiler > Ethernet Cards > BSD Name: should say en0 for at least one of the ethernet ports, if it does not then follow the advice below (this solves App Store not iMessage, not tried FaceTime);

BSD names should start with 'en0' and be numbered sequentially for the number of NIC's in your system, any additional NIC's such as USB or WiFi devices should have BCD names that follow the on-board or PCI devices. The BSD names should start at en0 and be numbered sequentially with no gaps.

Example:

I have a Gigabyte GA-Z77-UD5H motherboard's which has two built-in LAN ports (Intel and Atherios). In this example I could access the internet and email on either port but could not use any Apple on-line service such as iMessage, iCloud, App Store and iTunes (on either port).

On investigating my BSD names I found that the Intel port was named 'en2' and the Atherios port was 'en1', there was no 'en0' .... how this occurred during OSX install i'm not sure ? but I've seen this happen more than once on different systems.

If you find that you have no 'en0' or have 'gaps' in the BSD Names number sequence then it seems to stop all of Apples iCloud services from working.

The easiest thing to try first is to delete the file:-

/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist

Empty the trash and reboot.

OSX should re-discover all your Network Interfaces and rebuild the NetworkInterfaces.plist hopefully with the correct BSD names. If the BSD names are still not correct and you have add-on NIC's such as PCI or USB then try removing all of them and delete the file again, reboot and let OSX assign the 'built-in' NIC's first, then re-install your add-on NIC's one by one.

This method has a 60% chance of working .... if not then a re-install usually does the job.

Last edited:
Well, I got Apple to unblock my iMessage...

I generated a new serial number, performed the SMbID bug fix, etc. following the guide.
AppStore works fine and so does FaceTime. No love from iMessage though.
I reset my AppleID password as well.
Realized that I didn't setup the MLB correctly, so I went back and did that in Clover Configurator.

A word to the wise - I should have done all this BEFORE calling Apple - I did a final sign-out/sign-in and get the message to call them again after correcting my MLB setting. :banghead:

Not only that. on 10.10 imessage and facetime default to on and auto login at startup. literally. You want to PULL YOUR NETWORK CABLE when working on MLB/rom. Do not connect to internet until your values are stable. you don't want to send apple all of your experiments or bad numbers.

I attempted to install Clover last night. I made the USB, installed Clover to the USB, used clover configurator setup like Tony had it (however, I DID choose Boot for UEFI ONLY since I have an Asus), put in my Chimera MLB and ROM values, however, when I choose the USB to boot, nothing happens and the system moves on to the hard drive and boots Chimera as normal rather than going to a boot screen to select Yosemite Install. Any ideas?

I attempted to install Clover last night. I made the USB, installed Clover to the USB, used clover configurator setup like Tony had it (however, I DID choose Boot for UEFI ONLY since I have an Asus), put in my Chimera MLB and ROM values, however, when I choose the USB to boot, nothing happens and the system moves on to the hard drive and boots Chimera as normal rather than going to a boot screen to select Yosemite Install. Any ideas?

Hi Gordo74,

You have a Boot Override option in your BIOS where you can select your USB drive and boot from that

This will normally show you the manifacturer name of your USB stick

Have another look and see if there is another option for the same usb but with the prefix UEFI USB

if it's there then select that but if it's not there, check if there's an option in your Boot Priority list

if not there, see if you have USB options for Legacy & UEFI as you might have USB UEFI option disabled?

Huzzah. Is there a way to change my vote from "Not Working" to "Working" ? :)

Once I followed ALL of the steps in the guide, including the 2nd page steps for making sure all the proper UUID values etc. were setup correctly and persistent and Z77 issue was addressed, I naturally got locked again as I mentioned in my last post.

I called Apple back, told them truthfully that I had been locked out yesterday and they had fixed it but then I had some problems with the app and did a bunch of things from the forums to clear my settings and then got locked out again.

They unlocked me for a 2nd time... Seemed to be not working still, but then I rebooted and tried again. Voila, messages seem to be working fine now.

Yes but you HAVE to be running Clover for it to work. I'll PM you a link that'll show you how to do it but keep in mind that it also has instructions for Chameleon THAT WON'T WORK!:p

Clipper99, read JayMonkey's caveats about using "real" Mac numbers on a Hack. This is the post to read: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html

The pertinent item is Step 3

"Step-3: OSX S/N, SMBIOS and the Boot-loader

OXS Serial Number

It is critical that you have a unique OSX Serial Number (S/N). Under no circumstances should you use someone else's OSX S/N it isn't necessary and can cause a miss-match with your System Type and lead to security issues"

Not only that. on 10.10 imessage and facetime default to on and auto login at startup. literally. You want to PULL YOUR NETWORK CABLE when working on MLB/rom. Do not connect to internet until your values are stable. you don't want to send apple all of your experiments or bad numbers.

:thumbup::thumbup: This is VERY important...

Clipper99, read JayMonkey's caveats about using "real" Mac numbers on a Hack. This is the post to read: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html

The pertinent item is Step 3
"Step-3: OSX S/N, SMBIOS and the Boot-loader

OXS Serial Number

It is critical that you have a unique OSX Serial Number (S/N). Under no circumstances should you use someone else's OSX S/N it isn't necessary and can cause a miss-match with your System Type and lead to security issues"

Hi bob, I'm back to work so time will be limited for the next week. Are those instructions still valid for Yosemite and Clover? Since I own the MacBook Pro I've been using my own numbers and so far no problems but I can see where Apple might one day pull the plug.

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back