Contribute
Register

Anyone have iMessage working?

Do you have iMessage working in Yosemite?

• Yes

Votes: 45 25.6%
  • No

Votes: 131 74.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z97-A/USB3.1
CPU
i7-4790
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I just can't get it to work. It works fine with Mavericks.
But with Yosemite I have everything working except iMessage.
App Store, Face Time, iTunes, all working.
I checked my ethernet en0 port and it is good.

Have any of you managed to get iMessage working? Is there a fix I'm not aware of?

Thanks!
Len

Normal. Using Multibeast and Chimera you're not likely to get it to work until a fix is found or you want to switch to the Clover bootloader.

I've tried with clover doesn't work how ever Chimera/Chameleon FileNVRAM needs to be updated! but with clover it doesn't work

I just can't get it to work. It works fine with Mavericks.
But with Yosemite I have everything working except iMessage.
App Store, Face Time, iTunes, all working.
I checked my ethernet en0 port and it is good.

Have any of you managed to get iMessage working? Is there a fix I'm not aware of?

Thanks!
Len

that's a No from me too

my experience is the same as Lend27 but I'm using Clover

some good info here though

I've tried with clover doesn't work how ever Chimera/Chameleon FileNVRAM needs to be updated! but with clover it doesn't work

Works for me under Clover but I have a valid serial number and ROM from my MacBook Pro. ;)

Check for a PM from me.

has anyone with chimera gotten it to work by using a valid serial and whatnot?

Hey guys,

I have been reading up on this all day and it looks that it's NVRam that's the cause. I have tried every known method and the file does not work at all with Yosemite (won't compile your plist). It is outdated and not up to date for Yosemite and is required to generate the plist to use with iMessage. Per iMessage fix thread, NVRAM is seen as a dead project due to inactivity and might not be updated for Yosemite. If this is the case, it was recommended to move to Clover boot loader. I posted my own thread about this as I feel everyone will have 99% working systems (based on chameleon) only to have to relearn and rework their builds to clover which can lead to new headaches and a massive collection of one off variable builds/tutorials.

Works for me under Clover but I have a valid serial number and ROM from my MacBook Pro. ;)

Check for a PM from me.

I do have an iMac with a valid serial number. Is there a way I can use that?

Thanks!
Len

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back