Contribute
Register

Anyone have iMessage working?

Do you have iMessage working in Yosemite?

• Yes

Votes: 45 25.6%
  • No

Votes: 131 74.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
iMessage is working perfect for me with clover i just made sure i had the same Serial Number and UUID and system def when i was using chameleon and iMessage worked straight for me :thumbup:

Huzzah. Is there a way to change my vote from "Not Working" to "Working" ? :)

Once I followed ALL of the steps in the guide, including the 2nd page steps for making sure all the proper UUID values etc. were setup correctly and persistent and Z77 issue was addressed, I naturally got locked again as I mentioned in my last post.

I called Apple back, told them truthfully that I had been locked out yesterday and they had fixed it but then I had some problems with the app and did a bunch of things from the forums to clear my settings and then got locked out again.

They unlocked me for a 2nd time... Seemed to be not working still, but then I rebooted and tried again. Voila, messages seem to be working fine now.

Shoot... looks like my board also has the SID bug which I didn't realize before calling Apple. I did have all other settings correct (as far as I could tell). I assume that changing the UUID will lock me out of messages again (*sigh*). I'll confirm later when I give it a go.

Hi Gordo74,

You have a Boot Override option in your BIOS where you can select your USB drive and boot from that

This will normally show you the manifacturer name of your USB stick

Have another look and see if there is another option for the same usb but with the prefix UEFI USB

if it's there then select that but if it's not there, check if there's an option in your Boot Priority list

if not there, see if you have USB options for Legacy & UEFI as you might have USB UEFI option disabled?

Hi Rob -

I attempted boot override as well, even selecting the UEFI option for the USB stick - so it is installed.

After some more poking around, I found that since I did a "Install in UEFI mode only", I should have also selected to install in the ESP (whatever that means). I will be attempting tonight.

Anyone have iMessage working?

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Bob_the_Tomato

It is critical that you have a unique OSX Serial Number (S/N). Under no circumstances should you use someone else's OSX S/N it isn't necessary and can cause a miss-match with your System Type and lead to security issues"

Hi bob, I'm back to work so time will be limited for the next week. Are those instructions still valid for Yosemite and Clover? Since I own the MacBook Pro I've been using my own numbers and so far no problems but I can see where Apple might one day pull the plug.

cheers

In your case your not using someone elses your using from a mac you own, so if you do have problems because of this you can provide all the relevent information they would ever need from your real mac and presumably proof of purchase if it got that far. Other people using real S/N they got 'elsewhere' would not have this luxury.

Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings JBamford.. How did you get ALC892 Audio working via Clover.?. I'm using the same setup as you.

For ACL on Yosemite I had to do this in order to get it working on my acl887:

Push the native AppleHDA.kext to S/L/E

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kexopvhus4dwu7g/AppleHDA.kext.zip?dl=0

Under config.plist for clover make sure you have this:

<key>Audio</key>
<dict>
<key>Inject</key>
<string>1</string> <--- I had to edit this manually from "No" to "1"
</dict>

Reboot, and run Toleda's audio_cloverALC-100.command and follow the script shell instructions.

Hope that works out for you! :thumbup:

Hey jblparisi.. thanks for the tip. Didn't work for me, and I followed your instructions explicitly.. might it differ for me since my mobo has ALC892? Thanks again.. and here's hoping I get audio soon. I'm not running HDMI Audio, so other than that, I answered the script questions as "yes".

Attachments

• Terminal Saved Output.pdf
    17.1 KB · Views: 406
I've got iMessage "registered" and I can sign in and out no issues after calling in to Apple in order to get my iMessage validation number, but I can't send any messages to people, it says "###### is not registered with iMessage." I've tried messaging people via phone and email address that I know is registered since I can do it on my phone, but it will not work in Yosemite.
I'm running the 10.10 GM from App store with Clover on a Dell Optiplex 9020, using a randomly generated serial. MLB, ROM, and UUID look good and stay the same after reboot.

Oddly enough I did get one iMessage last night, from [email protected] saying that my iPad Air 2 order had shipped. None of the other people that have messaged me on iMessage have gone to this install. I have been receiving messages on my 13" MBPR though.
Wonder if Apple is blocking something for hackintoshes?

I've got iMessage "registered" and I can sign in and out no issues after calling in to Apple in order to get my iMessage validation number, but I can't send any messages to people, it says "###### is not registered with iMessage." I've tried messaging people via phone and email address that I know is registered since I can do it on my phone, but it will not work in Yosemite.
I'm running the 10.10 GM from App store with Clover on a Dell Optiplex 9020, using a randomly generated serial. MLB, ROM, and UUID look good and stay the same after reboot.

Oddly enough I did get one iMessage last night, from [email protected] saying that my iPad Air 2 order had shipped. None of the other people that have messaged me on iMessage have gone to this install. I have been receiving messages on my 13" MBPR though.
Wonder if Apple is blocking something for hackintoshes?

I have the exact same problem. All SM information looks "valid". I thought I had SID bug and figured that that's why it wasn't working, but I took a look and I wasn't affected. I can login to messages, but every user I try is in red. I can use SMS handoff without a problem, but imessages just don't work.

Let's hope we hear some new developments on this soon and that there's some sort of workaround, but considering Apple are the ones in control here, we shouldn't hold our breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back