Contribute
Register

Anyone got the new 6850k working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
have they released drivers for the GTX 1080 yet?

Hey thisisanid, thank you for all the help you've been giving me. For the last few months, I've just been using my build with Windows because of the lack of Pascal support for Mac. But now that NVIDIA has announced they will officially be supporting Pascal cards in macOS, I am going to try to hack my PC.
I think I have a similar build to yours.

Gigabyte GA-X99P-SLI
Intel i7-6850K
EVGA GTX 1080
Samsung 850 EVO (SATA)
Corsair Vengeance 64GB RAM

Now that it's been a few months since your last few posts about getting the x99p and 6850k to work, do you have any new advice for someone like me who hasn't attempted a Hackintosh installation in over 5 years?

ALSO, have you been able to get the Thunderbolt 3 port to work in macOS? And iMessages?

Thanks so much for your help. I'm excited to finally attempt this.

Hi,

Sorry for my late reply.

I just updated my X99 build to 10.12.4 for the new Pascal driver.

Only updated Clover to lasted build and delete some useless boot flag.

Most of part are functional except Sleeping.

I'm not sure about iMessage and Thunderbolt 3 (USB3.1) because I never use it.

If you'd like to create your own build with the SPEC you post, I think you can just use newest Clover and my EFI config (as attachment) to install OSX without problem. (maybe add nv_disable=1 while installation)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    949.1 KB · Views: 94
Hi,

Sorry for my late reply.

I just updated my X99 build to 10.12.4 for the new Pascal driver.

Only updated Clover to lasted build and delete some useless boot flag.

Most of part are functional except Sleeping.

I'm not sure about iMessage and Thunderbolt 3 (USB3.1) because I never use it.

If you'd like to create your own build with the SPEC you post, I think you can just use newest Clover and my EFI config (as attachment) to install OSX without problem. (maybe add nv_disable=1 while installation)

Great! I will try this tonight. Thank you!
One more question: Since the GTX 1080 is my only GPU, will I have problems? Can I still boot into Sierra without the NVIDIA webdriver installed, and then just install the driver after it's booted? Or how does that work? Also, what are your BIOS settings?
Thank you!

Great! I will try this tonight. Thank you!
One more question: Since the GTX 1080 is my only GPU, will I have problems? Can I still boot into Sierra without the NVIDIA webdriver installed, and then just install the driver after it's booted? Or how does that work? Also, what are your BIOS settings?
Thank you!

Since Pascal driver has been released, single GTX 1080 is ok for now.
I actually removed second GPU which used on OSX and only use my GTX1080 for both OSX/Windows.
Just add "nv_disable=1" to install OSX in vesa mode, and then install newest web driver after OSX installation.
BIOS setting is just like other gigabyte board: vt-d disabled, ECHI/XCHI hand off enabled.

Since Pascal driver has been released, single GTX 1080 is ok for now.
I actually removed second GPU which used on OSX and only use my GTX1080 for both OSX/Windows.
Just add "nv_disable=1" to install OSX in vesa mode, and then install newest web driver after OSX installation.
BIOS setting is just like other gigabyte board: vt-d disabled, ECHI/XCHI hand off enabled.

Hey, thanks so much for your help. I've been trying to get this to work all night, but haven't had any success. Here's what's been happening:
I disabled vt-d and enabled ECHI/XCHI handoff in my BIOS.
I made my bootable USB drive with Sierra 12.4 and then installed Clover. I used your EFI and added "nv_disable=1". Everything seemed like it was going great. Clover booted, then I started the installer. And then this is where problems started.
The Apple logo appeared, like it should...
View media item 188807...and then the loading bar got about halfway through.
But then it just changed into a "stop" sign.
View media item 188809I ran it again, but in verbose mode, and this is where it froze:
View media item 188810
Any idea what I should do??

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Also
Hey, thanks so much for your help. I've been trying to get this to work all night, but haven't had any success. Here's what's been happening:
I disabled vt-d and enabled ECHI/XCHI handoff in my BIOS.
I made my bootable USB drive with Sierra 12.4 and then installed Clover. I used your EFI and added "nv_disable=1". Everything seemed like it was going great. Clover booted, then I started the installer. And then this is where problems started.
The Apple logo appeared, like it should...
View media item 188807...and then the loading bar got about halfway through.
But then it just changed into a "stop" sign.
View media item 188809I ran it again, but in verbose mode, and this is where it froze:
View media item 188810
Any idea what I should do??

Thanks!

Try these boot flags: npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=0 -x -f
Also try another USB port.

Also

Try these boot flags: npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=0 -x -f
Also try another USB port.

Using a different USB port worked! Thanks for that suggestion! I now have Sierra 12.4 loaded and the webdriver is working perfectly!
However, I can't get audio to work. Did you do anything special to get audio working with the X99P-SLI? I've been looking at some audio guides, but I'm having a hard time making sense of them.

Also, the front USB 3.0 ports on my computer case don't work. Do you know if there's a way to get those to work?

Thanks a bunch for all the help you've given me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back