Contribute
Register

Anyone got the new 6850k working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you make a video tutorial step by step how yo make your build to work , with all patches and stuff?
Hi,
Actually I just follow the guide I posted on #2 to build my own, nothing special.
You should take a look for it, it may help.

Thanks a bunch, guys. I'm thinking of building a hack with the GIGABYTE GA-X99P-SLI mobo and the 6850k. It's been about 5 years since I've done anything hackintosh-related so I'm super rusty. Would you say getting the 6850k to work is a difficult process for a (basically) hackintosh newcommer?

You could use ssdtPRGen.sh and SMBIOS(MacPro 6,1) to easily get 6850K work, so there isn't much problem.
The difficult part is x99 mobo. In my personal opinion, x99 is more complex than other platform that you can't just installing MultiBeast to get all the things work. (Not sure about these days, but my old ivy-bridge hackintosh is quite easy.)

P.S. I just found a random happened screen sleeping issues on my build yesterday and still find no solution to it. Just want to mention if you're going to have same mobo.

Hi, I just build a new hackintosh with i7-6850K last week. It works fine except showing unknown name on system information panel.

Here is an awesome guide to X99 platform: Mac OSX 10.12 with X99 Broadwell-E family and Haswell-E family

So you have both the GTX 1080 and GTX 670 installed in the same machine? 1080 for Windows and 670 for Mac? Does that cause any issues having two different GPUs in there?
Thanks for all your help. :)

So you have both the GTX 1080 and GTX 670 installed in the same machine? 1080 for Windows and 670 for Mac? Does that cause any issues having two different GPUs in there?
Thanks for all your help. :)
Yes, I currently have two GPU in my build. It's a common workaround for Pascal cards, you can find more information at the big 1070/1080 thread. My build works well now without any issue of graphics.

Yes, I currently have two GPU in my build. It's a common workaround for Pascal cards, you can find more information at the big 1070/1080 thread. My build works well now without any issue of graphics.

Awesome. I think I'll give that a try then. Would you mind linking me to that thread? I searched GTX 1080 and there are a million threads, so I'm not sure which one is the "big" one. Thanks again for all your advice and help!

I've got it working - clover attached.

I've also got it on an NVME drive which was a pain in the butt.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 154
Last edited by a moderator:
Sure. Here is my EFI.

P.S. I've remove the USB port limit patch after generate USB injection SSDT, maybe you will need this to create yours:
Code:
<dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Change 15 Port Limit To 30 in XHCI Kext 10.12(99-series)</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                g72M/v//EA==
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AppleUSBXHCIPCI</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                g72M/v//Hw==
                </data>
</dict>

Were you able to get the USB-C/Thunderbolt 3 to work on the Gigabyte GA-X99P-SLI?

I've got it working - clover attached.

I've also got it on an NVME drive which was a pain in the butt.

Thank you man, i ben struggle from very log time to got the right settings for clover but no luck , because i'm numb to patching stuff and clover bootloader. Your EFI Settings worked for me since we have almost similar hardware

Hey thisisanid, thank you for all the help you've been giving me. For the last few months, I've just been using my build with Windows because of the lack of Pascal support for Mac. But now that NVIDIA has announced they will officially be supporting Pascal cards in macOS, I am going to try to hack my PC.
I think I have a similar build to yours.

Gigabyte GA-X99P-SLI
Intel i7-6850K
EVGA GTX 1080
Samsung 850 EVO (SATA)
Corsair Vengeance 64GB RAM

Now that it's been a few months since your last few posts about getting the x99p and 6850k to work, do you have any new advice for someone like me who hasn't attempted a Hackintosh installation in over 5 years?

ALSO, have you been able to get the Thunderbolt 3 port to work in macOS? And iMessages?

Thanks so much for your help. I'm excited to finally attempt this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back