CPU
Ivy Bridge i5-3570 3.4ghz
Graphics
EVGA GTX 1050 ti
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello, all, and thank you for all the hard work put forth by the community.

So, I've been lucky enough to find a deal on a used Dell Optiplex 7010 and have had an overall easy time of gettin' this thing running OS Sierra. One final detail, however, has escaped my ability to fix-- the USB 3.0 ports are running at 2.0 speed.

I've tried a few things involving kexts - Multibeast Generic 3rd-party and 7/8/9 Series enabler, Rehabman's Generic 3rd Party - but no luck so far. Now I want to try my hand at Rehabman's USB Inject All process, but it's just a bit too complex for me to sift through.

I'm hoping someone can point me to a more automated way about this. Or maybe someone can hold my hand through all the steps of Rehabman's kext?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hello, all, and thank you for all the hard work put forth by the community.

So, I've been lucky enough to find a deal on a used Dell Optiplex 7010 and have had an overall easy time of gettin' this thing running OS Sierra. One final detail, however, has escaped my ability to fix-- the USB 3.0 ports are running at 2.0 speed.

I've tried a few things involving kexts - Multibeast Generic 3rd-party and 7/8/9 Series enabler, Rehabman's Generic 3rd Party - but no luck so far. Now I want to try my hand at Rehabman's USB Inject All process, but it's just a bit too complex for me to sift through.

I'm hoping someone can point me to a more automated way about this. Or maybe someone can hold my hand through all the steps of Rehabman's kext?

Thanks in advance.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/

Cheers, Rehab, but I've seen that thread already. I guess I'll give it another go, but, oi vey, I really could use some hand-holding :/

Cheers, Rehab, but I've seen that thread already. I guess I'll give it another go, but, oi vey, I really could use some hand-holding :/

Make sure you read the "Specific recommendations..." section appropriate for your hardware.
If your profile accurately represents your hardware (7-series), plan on FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext, EHCx->EH0x rename, USBInjectAll.kext with custom SSDT, _OSI->XOSI patch + SSDT-XOSI.aml.

Make sure you read the "Specific recommendations..." section appropriate for your hardware.
If your profile accurately represents your hardware (7-series), plan on FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext, EHCx->EH0x rename, USBInjectAll.kext with custom SSDT, _OSI->XOSI patch + SSDT-XOSI.aml.

AWESOME, thank you for this.

On a somewhat related matter, I just restarted the system and all USB ports were dead once I arrived to the OS login screen. I had to unplug all devices/clear all ports before reboot and replug at login in order to get them working.

What gives?

AWESOME, thank you for this.

On a somewhat related matter, I just restarted the system and all USB ports were dead once I arrived to the OS login screen. I had to unplug all devices/clear all ports before reboot and replug at login in order to get them working.

What gives?

It is not possible for me to make any guess regarding your mistake.
If you have an issue, you must provide "Problem Reporting" files as per post #1 of the guide(s).

It is not possible for me to make any guess regarding your mistake.
If you have an issue, you must provide "Problem Reporting" files as per post #1 of the guide(s).

oh, sorry, I haven't even begun the USB 3 process .. I had restarted for an unrelated matter (App Store updated Thunderbolt firmware).

Just wondering if you have an idea as to why that might've happened.

OK, so I renamed the EHCx's, installed FakePCIID and FakePCIID_XHCIMux kexts, but still no
USB 3.0 speeds after reboot. Now Im kinda lost on these steps ::

- USBInjectAll.kext with custom SSDT
I have the kext handy-- am I to just install with Kext Utility? What is this about an SSDT?

-
If you don't need to patch DSDT (desktops), you can accomplish this fix with config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches and a small SSDT.

I don't see any _OSI out XOSI option in the list of patches in Clover Configurator.

I've never messed with anything SSDT related and am completely in the dark here.

Last edited:
ok, regarding the XOSI, I think I see now:

1. click the little + icon on the right
2. for comment put change _OSI to XOSI
3. for find* [HEX] put 5F4F5349
4. for Replace* [HEX] put 584F5349

Is that correct?

Do I also need to do this?:

In the Rt Variables section set your booterconfig to 0x28 and CsrActiveConfig to 0x67

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back