Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• RehabManpatchmatic3.zip
    17.8 KB · Views: 94
  • CLOVER 3.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 80
  • Erica’s iMac3.ioreg
    4.2 MB · Views: 125
also facing kernel panic somewhere (haven't verbose yet to find out where/what)

In case of KP, you must provide photo of the KP and EFI/Clover that produces it.
No idea otherwise.

... had to disable the XOSI patch in Clover config options just to be able to boot.

No idea when you don't provide verbose boot and EFI/Clover that corresponds.

Disabling XOSI patch also rids me of the dead USB on sleep wake o_0

Your ACPI/origin/DSDT.aml probaly has an XWAK. Its behavior will depend on the version of Windows it thinks is running. That is determined by SSDT-XOSI.aml.
It is often necessary to patch XWAK such that it doesn't do things you don't want it to do...

Not possible to confirm as your "Problem Reporting" files are incomplete. You forgot to press F4 in Clover before collecting EFI/Clover... as a result, there are no files in ACPI/origin.

Your Clover bootlog (extracted from ioreg) shows SSDT-XOSI.aml loading and _OSI->XOSI patch active, so no idea what you mean by "had to disable the XOSI patch in Clover config options just to be able to boot". This ioreg again shows xHCI controller not active. Impossible to tell why due to inconsistencies in the files you provided (see below)...

Note that patchmatic output is without _OSI->XOSI patch, but ioreg is with it. Please... always provide files that are consistent.

In case of KP, you must provide photo of the KP and EFI/Clover that produces it.
No idea otherwise.

No idea when you don't provide verbose boot and EFI/Clover that corresponds.

Your ACPI/origin/DSDT.aml probaly has an XWAK. Its behavior will depend on the version of Windows it thinks is running. That is determined by SSDT-XOSI.aml.
It is often necessary to patch XWAK such that it doesn't do things you don't want it to do...

Not possible to confirm as your "Problem Reporting" files are incomplete. You forgot to press F4 in Clover before collecting EFI/Clover... as a result, there are no files in ACPI/origin.

Your Clover bootlog (extracted from ioreg) shows SSDT-XOSI.aml loading and _OSI->XOSI patch active, so no idea what you mean by "had to disable the XOSI patch in Clover config options just to be able to boot". This ioreg again shows xHCI controller not active. Impossible to tell why due to inconsistencies in the files you provided (see below)...

Note that patchmatic output is without _OSI->XOSI patch, but ioreg is with it. Please... always provide files that are consistent.

what I mean by "had to disable the XOSI patch in Clover config options just to be able to boot" is that, in Clover boot loader, I navigated through options to ACPI>Custom patches and unchecked the option for XOSI .. for whatever reason I was unable to boot without doing so. I was assuming there was some sort of KP, but am unsure. As it stands now I'm again able to boot without unchecking the XOSI patch.

As for the XWAK, I initially compiled the AML, added it to EFI>Clover>ACPI>patched and rebooted. Initially, I was unable to get a video signal and I started to panic for real. I dunno WTF was going on but it took many MANY reboots to and CMOS reset in order to get anything on screen at all.

Now that I'm back in, I added the XWAK SSDT to to the SortedOrder, but no luck. Then I added XOSI-SSDT to SortedOrder-- still no luck. Ive also tried to reverse the list order of these SSDTs a couple of times, but still no USB 3.0 speeds. Without the XWAK, I see the USB 3.0 controller, but can't wake from sleep.

Files attached.

Attachments

• CLOVER 4.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 92
  • Erica’s iMac4.ioreg
    2.5 MB · Views: 117
  • RehabManpatchmatic4.zip
    17.1 KB · Views: 78
what I mean by "had to disable the XOSI patch in Clover config options just to be able to boot" is that, in Clover boot loader, I navigated through options to ACPI>Custom patches and unchecked the option for XOSI .. for whatever reason I was unable to boot without doing so. I was assuming there was some sort of KP, but am unsure. As it stands now I'm again able to boot without unchecking the XOSI patch.

As for the XWAK, I initially compiled the AML, added it to EFI>Clover>ACPI>patched and rebooted. Initially, I was unable to get a video signal and I started to panic for real. I dunno WTF was going on but it took many MANY reboots to and CMOS reset in order to get anything on screen at all.

Now that I'm back in, I added the XWAK SSDT to to the SortedOrder, but no luck. Then I added XOSI-SSDT to SortedOrder-- still no luck. Ive also tried to reverse the list order of these SSDTs a couple of times, but still no USB 3.0 speeds. Without the XWAK, I see the USB 3.0 controller, but can't wake from sleep.

Files attached.

You do not need SortedOrder.
And the data you have in SortedOrder is invalid (the file names listed do not exist in ACPI/patched).
SortedOrder, if used, must contain the exact file name in ACPI/patched.
Your SortedOrder file names are missing the .aml extension.
Remove SortedOrder though... since it is wrong, and not needed anyway.

The SSDT-XWAK.aml cannot be used without the appropriate patch in config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches.
For experimentation, best to edit DSDT.aml directly...
After you have a working scenario, you can attempt hotpatch.

You do not need SortedOrder.
And the data you have in SortedOrder is invalid (the file names listed do not exist in ACPI/patched).
SortedOrder, if used, must contain the exact file name in ACPI/patched.
Your SortedOrder file names are missing the .aml extension.
Remove SortedOrder though... since it is wrong, and not needed anyway.

The SSDT-XWAK.aml cannot be used without the appropriate patch in config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches.
For experimentation, best to edit DSDT.aml directly...
After you have a working scenario, you can attempt hotpatch.

Removed entries from sorted order, edited DSDT for disabling XWAK and placed it in /Clover/ACPI/patched ... have USB 3.0 showing up, but still no wake from sleep. Occasionally USB 3.0 ports are dead on login.

Attachments

• CLOVER 5.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 79
  • Erica’s iMac5.ioreg
    2.4 MB · Views: 123
  • RehabManpatchmatic5.zip
    17.7 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Removed entries from sorted order, edited DSDT for disabling XWAK and placed it in /Clover/ACPI/patched ... have USB 3.0 showing up, but still no wake from sleep. Occasionally USB 3.0 ports are dead on login.

SSDT-XWAK.aml should not be in ACPI/patched.
You must provide ioreg that represents the problem scenario...
And still... you haven't gone through the process of custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext.

SSDT-XWAK.aml should not be in ACPI/patched.
You must provide ioreg that represents the problem scenario...
And still... you haven't gone through the process of custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext.

So where should the SSDT-XWAK reside? or should I simply remove it?

So where should the SSDT-XWAK reside? or should I simply remove it?

It is not needed... you already patched XWAK directly in DSDT.aml.

It is not needed... you already patched XWAK directly in DSDT.aml.

oh, OK i see now.

as for IOReg, can you point out the steps necessary to get a proper report?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back