Contribute
Register

An iDiot's Guide To iMessage

(John Wayne voice) LISTEN UP, P1LGRIM:

Your guide helped this idiot yet again. Sierra worked well enough with onboard Intel NIC but I switched over to a Sonnet PCI-e NIC and everything iCloud/Messages/Siri broke. Followed your guide to a T, fixed everything.

THANK YOU.

That's good news - Thanks for the feedback :thumbup:

Now, let's get the flock out of here . . . .

Worked flawlessly on Sierra, not sure if I ever see myself using Siri and iMessage but it's awesome it works!

Thanks for the feedback :thumbup:
Good to know that it worked for you too.

Method worked perfectly for me. 10.11.6.
I'll add I singed out of iCloud and iMessage on all of my devices before proceeding with this method. After the adjustments, I signed back into everything and iMessage finally works. Thank you much.

Method worked perfectly for me. 10.11.6.
I'll add I singed out of iCloud and iMessage on all of my devices before proceeding with this method. After the adjustments, I signed back into everything and iMessage finally works. Thank you much.

You're welcome - Thanks for the feedback :thumbup:

Thanks for the feedback. :thumbup:
I updated to Sierra and had to change from iMac 12,2 to iMac 14,2. I followed your guide and it still works!

I updated to Sierra and had to change from iMac 12,2 to iMac 14,2. I followed your guide and it still works!
That's good news - Thanks for letting us know :thumbup:

Fantastic guide! Updated to Sierra on two desktops including changing from 3.1 to iMac 14.2. Also worked on a Fujitsu 552 laptop which thinks its a macbook pro 9.2. This one does not have an Ethernet port only wireless. But, wireless BuiltIn and en0, did work as well. Thanks a lot!

For help with iMessage refer to the comprehensive How to Fix iMessage Guide thread.

Clover Configurator - iMessageDebugv2 - simpleMLB - DPCIManager[/SIZE]

WOW!! Thanks so much for this detailed step-by-step guide. Now I truly have a fully working Hackintosh! Thanks to all of you guys here at tonymac! Rehabman has been enormous help for my M.2 drive and bluetooth, Toledo for audio, and P1LGRIM for iMessages! I'm sure there are more amazing people who put in their time and effort and I'm sorry for not being able to give a good "shoutout" to them, but VERY MUCH APPRECIATION!

Fantastic guide! Updated to Sierra on two desktops including changing from 3.1 to iMac 14.2. Also worked on a Fujitsu 552 laptop which thinks its a macbook pro 9.2. This one does not have an Ethernet port only wireless. But, wireless BuiltIn and en0, did work as well. Thanks a lot!

Amazing - Thanks for letting us know :thumbup:

Back