Contribute
Register

Amd Ryzen 7 5800H laptop graphics issues

Motherboard
Asus vivobook
CPU
Ryzen 7 5800H
Graphics
Radeon > Need model name > See Forum Rules!
Hi, my machine is an Asus Vivobook M3502QA laptop. I installed macos ventura with opencore (current EFI attached).

I have the following issues (in order of decreasing severity):

Flashing images (looks like past images showing every few frames - for example the drift screensaver flickers and shows the desktop)

Vlc or any other video player causes a gpu restart when playing h264 or h265. The only exception is ffplay from the command line, that works fine but lacks the basic features to be usable. I have tried older versions of vlc

If I plug in an external 4k monitor with hiDPI mode enabled everything flashes solid yellow and ui slowly breaks.
I think it's an issue with only having 512mb of vram. I tried to increase the UMA buffer size using Smokeless UMAF, but after saving and restarting the options reverted. I could not yet figure out a fix.

Some java gui apps (jetbrains gateway) don't work even after disabling hw acceleration. Probably an opengl issue. So far it does not cause any breaking issues, as I can avoid using them, but a fix would be nice.

The keyboard backlight does not work at all even with AsusSMC.kext installed. Asus smc includes a set of dsdt patches but only for intel based systems, and I don't understand enough to make my own patches.

About the wireless, right now I have an intel ax200 wifi 6 bluetooth 5.2 card that I found, it works without airdrop or handoff, i will replace with something else more supported soon.

I appreciate anything that helps with troubleshooting in advance.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    37.6 MB · Views: 14
Back