Contribute
Register

AMD RX 580 Adobe issues Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far, tried all the driver options (one at a time, uninstalling the old, installing the new) available in Clover Configurator:

AptioMemoryFix
OsxAPtioFixDrv
OsxAPtioFix2Drv
OsxAPtioFix3Drv
OsxLowMemFixDrv

None seem to make it passed boot with iGPU enabled in bios. Are there some options I might have missed? Or a configuration I'm just not thinking of?

So far, tried all the driver options (one at a time, uninstalling the old, installing the new) available in Clover Configurator:

AptioMemoryFix
OsxAPtioFixDrv
OsxAPtioFix2Drv
OsxAPtioFix3Drv
OsxLowMemFixDrv

None seem to make it passed boot with iGPU enabled in bios. Are there some options I might have missed? Or a configuration I'm just not thinking of?

Do you have a different graphics card like an old one? Nvidia for example.

You could go to bios and set GPU as primary display output or PCI or PEG instead of IGPU/IGFX. Keep the IGPU set to enabled or multi monitor setting.

The motherboard may no longer display to the monitor and you need to connect to the GPU. So if the RX 580 is bad it won’t display Clover screen.

Test with a different GPU if you have one as well.

***Disclaimer: Warning, if you don’t have a working graphics card you may not be able to get back into bios screen to set IGPU for the monitor. Only try this if you have some kind of card GPU that you can test besides the RX 580.

My understanding is that these memory space relocation errors happen when dealing with PCI-e resources. Especially if you've used up all of the available lanes. I've seen a couple reports that it might also go away if you enable "Above 4G Decoding" in the BIOS, because that moves those resources around.

However, on my system, when I enable this option the UEFI setup interface breaks, and I have to do a CMOS reset to get back into the BIOS options. I don't think that's typical.

Then again, a Z97 board might not have that option - not sure.

Do you have a different graphics card like an old one? Nvidia for example.

You could go to bios and set GPU as primary display output or PCI or PEG instead of IGPU/IGFX. Keep the IGPU set to enabled or multi monitor setting.

This is already my set up, with the GPU (PCI) as primary, with both displays connected to it. I do still have my previous Nvidia card, but switched to AMD due to a lack of Nvidia drivers for Mojave, a situation which (unless I'm mistaken) hasn't changed?
Since I'm running my dispays exclusivly off the RX 580, would I be safe in assuming that's not the issue?
This does have me wondering though, would switching one of the displays from the GPU over to the mobo's IGPU output make any difference?

My understanding is that these memory space relocation errors happen when dealing with PCI-e resources. Especially if you've used up all of the available lanes. I've seen a couple reports that it might also go away if you enable "Above 4G Decoding" in the BIOS, because that moves those resources around.

Interesting. I only have my GPU (PCIe x16) and Wifi card (PCIe x4 PCIe x 1) occupying PCIe slots, with 4 others still open (1 x8, 1 x4, and 2 x1). I'm still digging through my manual, but not seeing any options in it or Bios for "Above 4G Decoding". I wonder if there might be some other options to correct these memory space issues?

Last edited:
This is already my set up, with the GPU (PCI) as primary, with both displays connected to it. I do still have my previous Nvidia card, but switched to AMD due to a lack of Nvidia drivers for Mojave, a situation which (unless I'm mistaken) hasn't changed?
Since I'm running my dispays exclusivly off the RX 580, would I be safe in assuming that's not the issue?
This does have me wondering though, would switching one of the displays from the GPU over to the mobo's IGPU output make any difference?

Interesting. I only have my GPU (PCIe x16) and Wifi card (PCIe x4) occupying PCIe slots, with 4 others still open (1 x8, 1 x4, and 2 x1). I'm still digging through my manual, but not seeing any options in it or Bios for "Above 4G Decoding". I wonder if there might be some other options to correct these memory space issues?

can the wifi card go into a x1 slot?

Sorry, mistype on my part. The Wifi is already in a PCIe x 1.

Sometimes the placement of the wifi can affect the graphics card. I always use the x1 slot at the top (closest to the CPU) then the graphics card in the first x16 slot below it.
Also in bios check for PCI gen options. I have gen1, gen2 and gen3 options or Automatic.

Sometimes the placement of the wifi can affect the graphics card. I always use the x1 slot at the top (closest to the CPU) then the graphics card in the first x16 slot below it.
Also in bios check for PCI gen options. I have gen1, gen2 and gen3 options or Automatic.

I currently have the same placement, wifi then gfx. Would changing it up help?
My current bios options are set to Automatic. Should I try some of the other gens?

I currently have the same placement, wifi then gfx. Would changing it up help?
My current bios options are set to Automatic. Should I try some of the other gens?
Try Gen3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back