Contribute
Register

AMD RX 580 Adobe issues Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
No.

You can try that or you can use the forum Search tool to see if there is a build guide using similar parts to your own.

Thanks. It's been a pretty stable build up to this point, thanks in large part to this forum and it's excellent search options. My searches hadn't yielded anything fruitful, so I posted here hoping somebody else might have encountered something similar recently (since the issues stem from the latest Adobe updates).

Up until this, I haven't missed having iGPU enabled (if that is indeed the issue). I'd be really interested if anyone has had a similar issue before i go chasing down that rabbit hole.

I originally had iGPU disabled as it always caused a hang up on boot in previous OS versions. Looks like that's still the case.
Enabling iGPU causes the attached hang.

I can't seem to find anything in my .config that would cause this.

If you activate it in bios but don’t set any clover settings then it shouldn’t crash. This usually allows the IGPU to function for rendering. There may also be a headless IGPU setting for clover to fix any issues. Search headless IGPU for your type HD4600.

Could you please provide the steps to reproduce this issue? I'd like to see if I'm affected on my X99 build. I've tested Premiere since I upgraded to 10.14.6 with the new graphics card, but not After Effects yet.

I agree with the recommendation to try to enable IGPU. But there are platforms like what I'm using here (Broadwell-EP), where you don't have the option.

This behavior is very much dependent on SMBIOS setting. In particular, I think you can't get IGPU to function headless unless using an SMBIOS model that uses that configuration.

Could you please provide the steps to reproduce this issue? I'd like to see if I'm affected on my X99 build. I've tested Premiere since I upgraded to 10.14.6 with the new graphics card, but not After Effects yet.

I've been doing some template bashing, and was working with this guy: https://videohive.net/item/be-unique-logo-reveal-golden-egg/15197564.
By no means suggesting you purchase it just to try this out, but this one does seem to be the source of my issues. The effects I've encountered thus far are (grouped by layer and order):

Sharpen
Camera Lens Blur

4-Color Gradient
Glow

Levels

Tint

Minimax

I realize that's not super helpful, but since it's a paid template, I pretty sure there are some stiff rules about uploading it for other to download, even for testing purposes.
I havn't experienced this problem in the few other projects I've opened after updating, so there is always the possibility it's an issue/bug with the template. However, the nature and timing of the error message in relation to the update has me thinking otherwise.

This behavior is very much dependent on SMBIOS setting. In particular, I think you can't get IGPU to function headless unless using an SMBIOS model that uses that configuration.

Currently using iMac18,3. Doing some research into possible better options, but had hoped it would have been recent enough that it wouldn't be an issue.

Currently using iMac18,3. Doing some research into possible better options, but had hoped it would have been recent enough that it wouldn't be an issue.

Might be too recent, if you want to keep IGPU disabled. But the iMac SMBIOSes are this way going back some time, I believe. IMO the one to try switching to, if you leave the Intel graphics disabled, is iMacPro1,1. And if that's problematic, MacPro6,1.

Last edited:
Might be too recent, if you want to keep IGPU disabled. But the iMac SMBIOSes are this way going back some time, I believe. IMO the one to try switching to, if you leave the Intel graphics disabled, is iMacPro1,1. And if that's problematic, MacPro6,1.

Tried both of these, After Effects error still persists. Looks like I need to go hard core at trying to get past boot with the iGPU enabled, then work on getting it to play nice in a headless fashion. Any help in either of those directions is most appreciated, and thanks for sticking with me to this point!

Use WhateverGreen. You might want to read its FAQ, also.

WEG and Lilu have already been installed and in use prior to this error. I'm currently working through this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-lilu-and-its-plug-ins.260063/#WEG

But it seems to require the that my iGPU be enabled for the proper configurations to be generated. However, I get the ever fun "can't allocate runtime area" error if I try to boot with iGPU enabled in bios. Feels like a real Catch22 right now.

Oh yeah, as @P1LGRIM said, the .efi driver for memory fix- there are several you can try. Don't put multiple memory fix files there at one time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back