Not open for further replies.

Abe

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370N Wifi
CPU
Intel I7 8700
Graphics
Radeon RX560
Hi, I am a new hackintosher and finished my first build today. Though it was a hassle to get Mojave installed and the thing running, now I feel very pleased and got almost everything to run.

The only problem I am left with atm are graphic issues in electron/javascript based apps (chrome / vs code / ghost blog desktop app / etc ) that are using hardware acceleration (gpu) to render. This results in massive graphic bugs.

Screenshot 2018-12-03 at 20.55.12.png

I added a screenshot for better explanation. If I start the app via terminal and disable the acceleration, everything works.

Is there a way to run these apps with hardware acceleration? Am I missing something here or did something wrong installing Mojave?

Thanks in advance

Addition: Cinebench r15 is working and gives ~115 frames as result

I figured that one out:

Using clover configurator and setting "ig-platform-id" to "0x3E928086" and changing SMBIOS Model to "Macmini8,1" fixed that issue...now I can run vs code and chrome with hardware acceleration (seem like internal intel uhh 630 was not recognised correctly. that's the good part, but now I lost my second monitor. I used both via HDMI, one on graphics card and one on the mainboard. with this changes now only the main monitor on graphic card works :(

Any update for this issue?

I used both via HDMI, one on graphics card and one on the mainboard. with this changes now only the main monitor on graphic card works :(

That's not how most people use IGPU. When a dGPU is present, IGPU is typically configured to be "headless" meaning no monitor connected. All monitors should be connected to the discrete graphics card.

That's not how most people use IGPU. When a dGPU is present, IGPU is typically configured to be "headless" meaning no monitor connected. All monitors should be connected to the discrete graphics card.
Some mini desk like HP 800 DM,only one DP on the dGPU,but 2 DP on the motherboard. is there any way to use all of then? they can be work on windows :lol:

Some mini desk like HP 800 DM,only one DP on the dGPU,but 2 DP on the motherboard. is there any way to use all of then? they can be work on windows :lol:

I don't know. I've never tried using IGPU that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back