Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon RX 480

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just ordered my first hacki parts to build my first computer to replace my 2012 Mac Mini, was an iMac user and am not a fan of apple non upgrade-able features, Question, what the best card? I have ordered a RX 480. Second question, does anyone run the bBetas on their hackintosh?

Is there a way to reverse inject intel? I am planning on building a pc and using the igpu until I can get an RX 480. I want to know this ahead of time so I don't loose my data.

Is there a way to reverse inject intel? I am planning on building a pc and using the igpu until I can get an RX 480. I want to know this ahead of time so I don't loose my data.

Yes, but it's easier if you haven't built it and added it using MultiBeast or clover injections. Are you going with a Skylake? If so use Intel fake ID 0x19120003, and ig platform 0a206080. It will give you SKL CRB graphics 1536mb with metal support.

For a Haswell build use Intel fake ID 0x04120001 and ig platform 0d220003.

It's best to set these when you build it that way you can easily remove or change them later as it's only an easy fake I'd setting and not a kext patch.

Yes, but it's easier if you haven't built it and added it using Multibeast or clover injections. Are you going with a Skylake? If so use Intel fake ID 0x19120003, and ig platform 0a206080. It will give you SKL CRB graphics 1536mb with metal support.

It's best to set these when you build it that way you don't have to remove them later.
So spoof the id? Why didn't I think of that? that is way easier to remove so I don't have programs crashing on me.

Yes, but it's easier if you haven't built it and added it using Multibeast or clover injections. Are you going with a Skylake? If so use Intel fake ID 0x19120003, and ig platform 0a206080. It will give you SKL CRB graphics 1536mb with metal support.

It's best to set these when you build it that way you can easily remove or change them later as it's only an easy fake I'd setting and not a kext patch.

Is that FakeID actually needed for Haswell ? I was running a system with just that plaform id (0d220003). Will the fake id give any further benefit ?

Is that FakeID actually needed for Haswell ? I was running a system with just that plaform id (0d220003). Will the fake id give any further benefit ?
Probably not. Are you running at full acceleration and on Sierra?

Nah Im on El Cap here, its always worked using only the platform ID with full acceleration. I just wondered if there was any additional benefit from adding the FakeID as well thats all.
No. That's just for sierra. It's to get hardware acceleration. On El Capitan, it should work out of the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back