Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon RX 480

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys,

I'm new to hackintosh world and about to build my first CustoMac Pro. I've recently purchased the Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470, but a friend suggested to exchange it with Sapphire Nitro RX 480 for it's rendering speed.

I've read some of the threads and still have some doubts on deciding.

Does anyone here using Sapphire Nitro RX 480 as well? Is it fully accelerated, compatible and stable with FCPX so far?

My setup will be:
Intel i7 6700 Quad Core
32Gb RAM
M.2 Samsung SSD
Gigabyte Z170X TH UD5 (Rev 1.0)
Sapphire Nitro RX 470 - OR - RX 480?

FCPX 10.3
Sierra 10.2.2

Your kind help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

I'm new to hackintosh world and about to build my first CustoMac Pro. I've recently purchased the Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470, but a friend suggested to exchange it with Sapphire Nitro RX 480 for it's rendering speed.

I've read some of the threads and still have some doubts on deciding.

Does anyone here using Sapphire Nitro RX 480 as well? Is it fully accelerated, compatible and stable with FCPX so far?

My setup will be:
Intel i7 6700 Quad Core
32Gb RAM
M.2 Samsung SSD
Gigabyte Z170X TH UD5 (Rev 1.0)
Sapphire Nitro RX 470 - OR - RX 480?

FCPX 10.3
Sierra 10.2.2

Your kind help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

480 8gb, if you can it will give you the best performance for sure.

I have two Sapphire Nitro+ RX 480 8GB. One is in a X16 and the other 8X. My 8X does not work. I have to pull the power on X8 before booting into Hackintosh. Maybe this would explain my issue.

I still have the same issue. Did you ever get it to work in an x8 slot?

In m

in my case Fcx 10.3.1 crash. I use XFx 480 GTR. I try fcx 10.2.2 and work awesome.

Sierra is still a beta software, it should be updated soon for the the third public release version, FCPx seems to be in a flux state with the new versions as well. Everybody says they can run 10.2.2 no problem, so maybe it just needs time for the 10.3.1 to stabilize. You're dealing with 2 new software challenges so by the time one caches up the other makes changes and you have problems again.

480 8gb, if you can it will give you the best performance for sure.

Hi again,

After lots of struggling and reading I've finally succeeded to install OSX Sierra on my Hackintosh. Yeay! :D
I've got the Sapphire Nitro+ RX 480 8GB for my GPU and did the GPU renamed using iHex.

9om30Mym.png

Everything else is working fine (I think) except for the GPU. I got this message when I launch FCP X:

Graphics configuration not supported
This graphics configuration does not support hardware acceleration, which is required to run Final Cut Pro.​

I've followed this link below to edit the info.plist file from the AMDRadeonX4100.kext.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-gaming-skylake-i5-6500-macos-10-12-2.209909/
I've run and drag the Kext file to Kext Utility app as instructed (but it changed the extension of the file to AMDRadeonX4100.kext.bak) . Also do all the things mentioned in clover configurator. After rebooting the computer, it seems that the GPU is still not working on full acceleration mode and FCP X still giving me the same error message. And how can I tell if the GPU is fully accelerated or not?
5wjIQZxm.png

After doing the instruction from link above, my SATA drive is not detected anymore.

My other question is how to set the Display Resolution from System Preferences to 4K. As my monitor does support 4K @ 60Hz resolution (LG 27UD88-W). Should I install the driver from manufacturer's website? The only options that I have now as below:

4d2O3Wsm.png

Also everytime it boots up, in the middle of apple logo loading bar, the screen always have this weird grey scan line kinda glitch. Does anyone else ever had this problem before?

Your help would greatly appreciated.

Could you point me to the right links for a possible step by step instructions to fix these issues?

Thanks again and sorry for my long questions :)

You don't have metal support so the fix didn't work.
Did you run a kext tool to repair permissions and clear caches? when you do the 4100 kext change you need to run the kext tool before you reboot. If not doesn't take you may need to boot into repair disk and when you get to repair screen hit utilities and then open terminal, type in "csrutil disable" without the quotation marks. then reboot and make the change again, you must remove the info.plidt from the folder, place it on desktop, make chanf=ges then replace it and follow the prompts. Use the kext tool before you reboot.

there is an app called FixRes? Others have used this to adjust screen values.

Did you run a kext tool to repair permissions and clear caches? when you do the 4100 kext change you need to run the kext tool before you reboot. If not doesn't take you may need to boot into repair disk and when you get to repair screen hit utilities and then open terminal, type in "csrutil disable" without the quotation marks. then reboot and make the change again, you must remove the info.plidt from the folder, place it on desktop, make chanf=ges then replace it and follow the prompts. Use the kext tool before you reboot.

Hi Gigamaxx,

Thanks for your reply!

Is the Kext Utility the same as kext tool you mentioned? If yes, I did run the Kext Utility and drag AMDRadeonX4100.kext. to it after edited the Info.plist in /System/Library/Extensions. I will try to run terminal upon booting and redo everything.

You mean SwitchRes right? Yup I just downloaded it ;)

Hi again,

I've tried what you suggested and didn't succeed. So I re-install Unibeast from scratch to have a fresh start.

After finished with Sierra installation I ran Multibeast (UEFI) to install drivers for audio and ethernet.

And I went to System/Library/Extensions to locate AMDRadeonX4100.kext and right click to show the package content. I drag Info.plist to desktop and added 0x67DF1002 under IOPCIMatch (without deleting any of the other existing 0x). Saved the changes I made on Info.plist on the desktop, then I drag the Info.plist from the desktop back to System/Library/Extensions and replaced the file.

Then, I ran kext wizard to repair permission on System/Library/Extensions and restart the PC.

I chose the HFS to boot from my Sierra SSD. When it hit the apple logo with the loading bar, it stuck halfway (and I've waited for 30minutes and still nothing happened).

Did I miss any steps here?

Attachments

• IMG_7170.JPG
    IMG_7170.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 177
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back