Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon RX 480

Status
Not open for further replies.
a lot of good info
So the error that I'm actually getting is this:

Debugger called: </Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/GPUIDriversIntel/GPUDriversIntel-10.20.25/Common/IONDRV/Intel/IVB/AppleIntelFramebuffer/AppleIntelController.cpp:13897 Assertion failed: (0 == I) ((pfbInfo->rangeStolen.physBase - pfbInfoPrev->rangeStolen.physBase) == fFramebufferMemorySize)

DSMOS has arrived

HID: Legacy shim 2

>

Ethernet MAC address: 00:00:00:00:00:00

IP address: 0.0.0.0

Waiting for remote debugger connection.

kdp_poll: no debugger device

I can startup w/ my on board god which is the Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB, but I can't startup my computer w/out that error if I try to use my PCIE graphics card(RX 480) to start up with...anybody know what I need to do?! =/
a lot of good info here

From all I've read so far the past weeks there's no way to get the RX-480 (or 460/470) to work without using the iGPU. (which I don't have)
So far I have tried everything and no joy, always booting to black screen. At the moment I'm looking at the Clover sources to no big avail, it's a complex codebase.

You can use a native vcard like a AMD 5450 or Nvidia 8400 ($30-$40 US) for an IGPU if you have another pcie slot. Place the lesser card in first slot and the RX in second slot.

You can use a native vcard like a AMD 5450 or Nvidia 8400 ($30-$40 US) for an IGPU if you have another pcie slot. Place the lesser card in first slot and the RX in second slot.

I read as much yes, thanks for the reply. In my case the RX480 doesn't work in the 2nd PCIe slot at all. I do have a cheap 8400GS card and tried it. Still trying to figure out where exactly that black screen problem comes from (but then again so have many other people probably more competent than I am). Neither Windows nor Linux need a helper card.

According to @Fl0r!an post on https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/tickets/293/ the problem isn't exactly new and in Sierra it seems to have extended to cards that previously worked. That kinda makes me doubt it's a Clover problem.

There's anybody working on sleep/wake issues? in my case, using iGPU+PCIe method, the system wont sleep,

any advise or suggestion for how to deal with it?

There's anybody working on sleep/wake issues? in my case, using iGPU+PCIe method, the system wont sleep,

any advise or suggestion for how to deal with it?

My pentium g3258 Haswell system is working great. I use emuvariable and optifix1, not the default optiofix2 that is the default load in clover 64efi folder. I don't have NVRam installed (m.2 slot), just Ssd.

Also, in boot arguments I use dart=o darkwake=8, others use darkwake=0 and report it working. I've also read about sleep issues in sierra and have ig Bluetooth/wifi combo pcie cards and removing the USB plug to deactivate the Bluetooth. My pentium has a pcie wifi but no Bluetooth.

Clover configurator can load these 64efi drivers, but you will have to remove the optiofix2 from the 64efi folder because using both will cause problems.

Bios settings need to be set for power up with "any key" or "mouse" as well.

Does display port works? I would use it to drive a 4k monitor at 60hz

So the error that I'm actually getting is this:

Debugger called: </Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/GPUIDriversIntel/GPUDriversIntel-10.20.25/Common/IONDRV/Intel/IVB/AppleIntelFramebuffer/AppleIntelController.cpp:13897 Assertion failed: (0 == I) ((pfbInfo->rangeStolen.physBase - pfbInfoPrev->rangeStolen.physBase) == fFramebufferMemorySize)

DSMOS has arrived

>

Ethernet MAC address: 00:00:00:00:00:00

IP address: 0.0.0.0

Waiting for remote debugger connection.

kdp_poll: no debugger device

I can startup w/ my on board god which is the Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB, but I can't startup my computer w/out that error if I try to use my PCIE graphics card(RX 480) to start up with...anybody know what I need to do?! =/

Make sure that you have selected IGFX minimum memory of 64MB in BIOS

all 3 DP are working!
Do you think also 5k (dual DP) will work? I know it's a long shot, but I would like to buy a 480/1060 and use 5k monitor also with Mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back