Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
Attached please find the required files and output. Please help me out thanks!!!

This ioreg is corrupt (wrong IORegistyExplorer used).

Attached please find the required files and output. Please help me out thanks!!!

The port limit patch is disabled in your config.plist.

The port limit patch is disabled in your config.plist.

I enabled now but the result is still the same. Please refer to the attachment for more details thanks!

I enabled now but the result is still the same. Please refer to the attachment for more details thanks!

The first port limit patch you have for 10.12 is for 20 ports, but your XHC has 26.
The second one, is for 26, but of course it does not apply because you have the 20 port patch first, so it is applied first, nullifying the 26 port patch.

Note: You have many limit patches for 10.11, even though you have MatchOS incorrectly set at 10.12.x.

Time for you do to some cleanup on your config.plist.

The first port limit patch you have for 10.12 is for 20 ports, but your XHC has 26.
The second one, is for 26, but of course it does not apply because you have the 20 port patch first, so it is applied first, nullifying the 26 port patch.

Note: You have many limit patches for 10.11, even though you have MatchOS incorrectly set at 10.12.x.

Time for you do to some cleanup on your config.plist.

My limit patches for 10.11 is from your config_patches.plist. I was already wonder if I should use it. But after I use it, some of the SSxx ports can be discovered. So what should I do?

My limit patches for 10.11 is from your config_patches.plist. I was already wonder if I should use it. But after I use it, some of the SSxx ports can be discovered. So what should I do?

Your ioreg shows you're running 10.12.6.
Patches for 10.11.x are not applicable.
Use only the correct patch for 10.12 from config_patches.plist.

Your ioreg shows you're running 10.12.6.
Patches for 10.11.x are not applicable.
Use only the correct patch for 10.12 from config_patches.plist.
Thanks RehabMan! I made it! The USB ports are starting to work now. But without the port limit patch, I can only have 15 ports, is that right? (As I saw a sentence in your post "As you can see from the image below from the NUCi7KYK, we now have just the ports that we need injected and are well under the 15-port limit:")

Should I give up the USB 2.0 ports and put all possible USB 3.0 ports into the patch?

But without the port limit patch, I can only have 15 ports, is that right?

Correct.
It is a limitation in Apple's XHCI driver that you must live with.

Should I give up the USB 2.0 ports and put all possible USB 3.0 ports into the patch?

It really depends on which ports you plan to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back