Contribute
Register

adamsmasher's Haswell Build: GA-Z87X-UD3H - i7-4770K - HD4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read somewhere that vga is not supported by Mavericks is that true.. can I not use the via port?

VGA sockets have not been supported for about 4 years now (late 2009/early 2010), since Snow Leopard 10.6.2
Some people have been successful in it working from a separate GPU but never the motherboard VGA socket.
There are few work arounds that save much money compared to changing your monitor. If you have a 1920 x 1080P TV then consider using that with an HDMI cable
You should be aware that 4k resolution with make 1920 x 1080P resolution obsolete given time. Thats progress in getting higher definition.

Adrian B

Thanks.. I got the dual monitor working using a HDMI to VGA Cable.. works good..

Everything works well on the system except once in a while I get audio drop ... its not software specific.. I have tried youtube, itunes, spotify.. all give me like sound drop every once in a while.. any one else experiencing that..

hello

what is your mobo's version?
I bought your mobo and CPU to install mac os ML
my bios version is F3
but i cant see instal screen
i tried all of them

-x -v -f
GraphicsEnabler=No/Yes
PCIRootUID=1/0
IGPEnabler=No/Yes
npci=0x3000

but all time is showingblack screen
i tried GPU DVI and onboard DVI/HDMI
how can you help me

hey sikhdawg,

what other video out u used for your 2 monitors setup ?

I used HDMI and DVI.. I am using a HDMI to VGA converter that I got from Amazon... its Lenovo CH580.

I had this issue and per some testing by toleda it's caused by an issue with the onboard audio codec. There are two solutions:

a. remove the patched AppleHDA.kext file, use vanilla and a cheap USB audio card.

or b.) do the following:

1. shutdown system
2. unplug power, speakers and all other audio devices
3. hold power button down for 30 seconds
4. plug in power and speakers
5. restart

Hi adamsmasher i have same your setup

1. I changed GTX570 to HD4600 IGFX and set GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=Yes = random freeze
2. used Turtle Beach AMIGO II USB Audio and ,delete HDAEnabler1.kext and AppleHDA.kext disable audio onboard in Bios = random freeze
3. change HDD from SDD to HDD SATA = random freeze
4. what I have to do more ?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/powermac-...tx-ga-z87x-ud3h-intel-i7-4770k-gtx-570-a.html

Thanks so much for this post. I bought the parts on CyberMonday, assembled yesterday following this post and Dasdf's as they both have GA-Z87X-UD3H. I was very surprised that everything has worked perfectly. Did not have sound initially, powered off, disconnected speakers, plugged back in and powered on and voila!!! Perfect sound, have not had to unplug any more. Sleep is working, USB is working. Did install with GTX 770 plugged in the whole time, connected to Dell 30 inch monitor via Dual link DVI port. Ni hiccups. Thanks so much.

I read somewhere that vga is not supported by Mavericks is that true.. can I not use the via port?

In my experience yes this is true my hack wouldn't do anything through the vga port

If you are using this motherboard, following this detailed guide by short will help. http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...-build-i7-4770k-ga-z87x-ud3h-gtx-770-4gb.html

Basically after you have all your hardware installed, you boot to your unibeast USB and go from there.
So, what's wrong with following AdamSmashers Golden Build installation in his Post #1.?! (Even though AdamSmasher's MultiBeast is shown for Mountain Lion, the same configuration is used for Mavericks.) After all, j0nii hasn't even fill out his profile or signature block (hint, hint) so, for all you know, he isn't using a graphics card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back