Contribute
Register

adamsmasher's Haswell Build: GA-Z87X-UD3H - i7-4770K - HD4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi adamsmasher, I have your same motherboard (but I have i7 4770, I think that doesn't make difference) but i can't boot with mavericks and audio doesn't work. I choose your same config in multibeast but it boots only with -x and audio doesn't work. Obviously I choose ALC898.

Another thing that I'm not sure is about the gpu.. I have a ASUS GTX 680 DirectCU II 2GB. Must I install the OS without the gpu into the PC and insert it after the installation or can I install the OS with it plugged in? I've done the second way and the gpu is recognized by the OS, but dropping windows it lags very much, could someone help me with my matters?

Thank you very much for your build and for everybody will help me

MultiBeast for Mavericks has been bumped to v6.01 which updates: http://www.tonymacx86.com/announcements/115608-multibeast-6-0-1-update.html

Visible Changes:
  • Downgraded AppleIntelE1000e to v2.4.14

Known Issues:
When using the UserDSDT Quick Start option, you cannot use /Extra/DSDT.aml on the destination volume as the DSDT file. If you do MultiBeast will fail to build correctly. This will be fixed in a future release.

So, update your Intel Ethernet kext/driver. :thumbup:

Hi Stork, will this (probabily) fix all my problems?
Well, it won't get you a beautiful girlfriend, nor a free dinner tonight, but it might solve an Ethernet issue. Read the Changes document and make your own decision. My philosophy is "If it ain't broken, don't fix it."

Well, it won't get you a beautiful girlfriend, nor a free dinner tonight, but it might solve an Ethernet issue. Read the Changes document and make your own decision. My philosophy is "If it ain't broken, don't fix it."

Well, I don't have ethernet issues, I "only" have boot, sound and graphic lag issues...

So, it won't fix my problems I think...

hello adamsmasher,
I have the same setup as you,
the system starts fine, but when I'm in OSX this randomly freezes! :(
you have any similar problem? or someone has happened

Hi, First of all thanks for all the info.. I was able to make the Hackintosh with all the same specs except the video card... I am currently using the onbaord video chipset... and it works fine...

the only two issues that I have so far is that I have to use the installation usb to boot...

and

I cannot use a second monitor ... I can only use them in mirror mode the system only recognizes one monitor..

please help

thanks

hello adamsmasher,
I have the same setup as you,
the system starts fine, but when I'm in OSX this randomly freezes! :(
you have any similar problem? or someone has happened

I had this issue and per some testing by toleda it's caused by an issue with the onboard audio codec. There are two solutions:

a. remove the patched AppleHDA.kext file, use vanilla and a cheap USB audio card.

or b.) do the following:

1. shutdown system
2. unplug power, speakers and all other audio devices
3. hold power button down for 30 seconds
4. plug in power and speakers
5. restart

tried to get the same info about 2 independent monitors using the HD 4600 ...please report us !

I haven't tried using dual monitors with integrated graphics since I installed the 760 in it, but there isn't any reason it shouldn't work. Make sure that you have IGPEnabler=Yes in your boot.plist and that integrated is turned on in UEFI.

I read somewhere that vga is not supported by Mavericks is that true.. can I not use the via port?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back