Contribute
Register

adamsmasher's Haswell Build: GA-Z87X-UD3H - i7-4770K - HD4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone experience audio stuttering? It mostly happens after waking up from sleep. A reboot usually makes it go away but I was wondering if anyone has found a fix.

I have just made this build, and i am having the same problem, audio/video is stuttering anyone know the cause of this or any solutions would be appreciated. Thanks

Ok so i was also having the same audio stuttering problem on windows, the problem is that the computer keeps switching audio output between headphones/speakers which is causing stuttering and also causing the volume to go up n down automatically. So iv downloaded the realtek HD audio drivers on windows from the gigabyte website for this board and the audio is working fine on there now, however you cannot download it for OSX, so I'm wondering if theres any work around for this or any1 can create a patch or something.

I have just made this build, and i am having the same problem, audio/video is stuttering anyone know the cause of this or any solutions would be appreciated. Thanks

Ok so i was also having the same audio stuttering problem on windows, the problem is that the computer keeps switching audio output between headphones/speakers which is causing stuttering and also causing the volume to go up n down automatically. So iv downloaded the realtek HD audio drivers on windows from the gigabyte website for this board and the audio is working fine on there now, however you cannot download it for OSX, so I'm wondering if theres any work around for this or any1 can create a patch or something.

Has anyone found a fix for this? I am in the same situation with the same motherboard, processor, and a GT 640 graphics card. I installed the ALC898 and HDAEnabler drivers from Multibeast and the green port with Internal Speakers randomly stutters (which registers as system sound decrease in short, sudden intervals). Switching to the black port and Line Out setting fixes the stutter problem, but it randomly stops working. The audio just randomly becomes mute.

Switching to the Voodoo audio option made audio hiss at high volumes and showed a bunch of uninstalled ports in Audio System Preferences.

Anyone??? This was my first build about a week ago. Everything else is working perfectly!

Build:

• Intel Core i7-4770k
  • 250GB Samsung EVO
  • 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz
  • NVIDIA GT 640
  • GA-Z87X-UD3H

Can anyone help me?

Delete Voodoo (Find location in MultiBeast PDF or App) reinstall ALC898 from MultiBeast, Whilst in MultiBeast navigate to Customize>System Defintions> Select iMac 14,2 restart and test. If you still have issues please read/start a thread in the Audio Forum.

Hi, I have a feeling this thread is going to be really useful when I finally finish my exams and get to building my Hack. Virtually the same build except I'm going to be using an i5. Just one question is how compatible has the SanDisk Extreme been? I got one of them and a Kensington Hyper 3X super cheep and wasn't sure on which to use of OS X or Windows. If the Extreme has been fine for you then its just one less thing to worry about.

Thanks

Hi, I have a feeling this thread is going to be really useful when I finally finish my exams and get to building my Hack. Virtually the same build except I'm going to be using an i5. Just one question is how compatible has the SanDisk Extreme been? I got one of them and a Kensington Hyper 3X super cheep and wasn't sure on which to use of OS X or Windows. If the Extreme has been fine for you then its just one less thing to worry about.

Thanks

i use sandisk extreme no problem

Has anyone been able to flash BIOS F9 succesfully? I'm on F8 right now and when I go to flash F9 it says "The current Flash Utility is outdated. Ask your vendor or visit Gigabyte Website for an updated one!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back