Contribute
Register

Acer Aspire S3 Ultrabook WLAN and Bluetooth problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I followed the instructions and both usbs are now working.

Hello,

That really great news.
Can you explain how you did it?

I don't understand any chinese :S

thanks!!!!

I´m still experimenting, and I am a complete noob on hackintoshing.

I installed 10.7.3 using unibeast method, then i downloaded the first it_168 file at the chinese post. This file has an installer for windows (.bat) and basically install chameleon and some kext. After rebooting I had working both usb. Then I downloaded the second it_168 file, which is an iso file. I copied it over the prior it_168.iso file a c: and it booted faster and everything working again. The I downloaded and installed the S3 drivers file (AppleHDA269, AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement, AppleSmartBatteryManager)

I have everything working but the wlan. The trackpad is working just as a mouse, but both usb are working perfect and also hibernation.

Sounds like you've got it pretty much working!

I've set up an account at 168 and tried to download the files but don't seem to have enough permissions to do so. Did you have to do anything special (or alternatively could you upload the 2 files + driver packages somewhere). It would be a great help to me.

Cheers

pingu6 said:
Sounds like you've got it pretty much working!

I've set up an account at 168 and tried to download the files but don't seem to have enough permissions to do so. Did you have to do anything special (or alternatively could you upload the 2 files + driver packages somewhere). It would be a great help to me.

Cheers

You just have to post something. Every post allows you to download one file. I copied a congratulation post in chinese and use it several times xD

I´m not at home now, if you still need the files, I can upload them later.

Feel (ever so) slightly guilty about spamming their forum ;) so if you do get a chance to upload them at some point it would be great (otherwise I'll start brushing up on my Chinese) :D

Thanks for that...let battle commence!

Hi guys!
Im new on hackintoshing and I got a s3.
Today I tried to install lion with unibeast, dual booting with my win7 oem OS, but I cant: the OSx installation wizard tell me I have to repartition all of my hdd with GUID Partition Table.
I tried formatting a new partition with parted magic, but still no chance to install.
let me know if I have to format all of my hdd or there is a way...

thank you!

SR_JL

Thanks for the files...

I've managed to get everything working up to the initial boot....both USBs fine, etc

I was wondering if you could do me a favour and drop the acer_s3_drivers zip file up to mediafire at some point as I can't get an account on IT168 to let me do anything (keep getting a 'your user group cannot do that') whenever I log in. It won't even let me view the thread once logged in....very strange.

Looking pretty good so far though....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back