Contribute
Register

Acer Aspire S3 Ultrabook WLAN and Bluetooth problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I formatted the whole HD and didn't install windows, so I can't really help you.

But you probably can install windows in one HD and osx in another one, and you choose the system you want to boot in with the bootloader

Thanks. I thought you were pulling some wizard tricks on me, lol. I've never been able to get a dual boot working on a single hard drive with Windows installed first.

Well, looks like it's time to wipe the W7 drive. :O

Here's to hoping I can make the hibernation partition work again.

^^ Thanks dzelinsk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to hear you were able to install it!!!

Do you have anything not working?
I have only 1 usb port working. really wierd.
any suggestion for that?

cheers

dzelinsk said:
Good to hear you were able to install it!!!

Do you have anything not working?
I have only 1 usb port working. really wierd.
any suggestion for that?

cheers

You also said you used Chimera 1.6 because you couldn't get 'some things' working. Was that 'some things' the battery life indicator? Because I used 1.7 and the battery life indicator will not work. It causes a kernel panic.

Were you able to fix the "Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance." message upon AppStore log-in?

I have the same exact problem with 1 USB port not working (one closest to the edge). Also, whenever I install my Wireless USB (Asus N13) OS X goes into kernel panic mode. I don't really require the wifi adapter, because I mostly use my laptop on the go. If I require Wifi then I'll just boot back into Windows until there's a fix for either the built in card, or my N13 that used to work perfect with Snow Leopard and 10.7.0, but is broken in 10.7.2.

I have it set up online by tethering it to my android phone with the EasyTether app. I ALWAYS have my phone with me when I'm out and about, so it's ideal. Solves me the hassle of getting the regular Wifi to work without constantly going into kernel panic.

ALSO: For any noobs like me who are new to this whole thing and end up with a Kernel Panic. Here's how to fix it without re-installing the entire OS. (I re-installed 3 times before I learned how to do this, so it may help someone else like me.)

1. Boot into the installer USB.

2. Open up the Terminal.

3. Type in...
mount -uw /
rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/*.kext [Replace * with file name]

4. Reboot.

Actually with 1.7 I had KP sometimes, which doesn't happen with 1.6

I'm also having issues with appstore... just tested it!
do you know what's the issue?

dzelinsk said:
Actually with 1.7 I had KP sometimes, which doesn't happen with 1.6

I'm also having issues with appstore... just tested it!
do you know what's the issue?

I remember when I set OS X up on my Desktop it was something to do with the Ethernet port. Since this laptop doesn't even have an ethernet port, I'm kind of clueless on how to resolve the issue. Hopefully one of the others knows a trick that can get it up and working.

I only get kernel panic when I try and install the Battery Level kext. The only other thing that causes KP for me is inserting a USB drive that's been formatted as FAT32. Besides that, I'm running 1.7 with no issues.

Hi guys

back to the front. Its amazing how many people owns now a S3 or another Ultrabook :)
I am wondering about, why nobody is using the
Chameleon Bootloader for Windooze combined with EasyBCD. Actually on my S3 there is
Lion 10. 7. 2, Windooze7 and Ubuntu 11.10 running pretty well. Why nobody is preparing
the Mac USB for install with the DDMAC method
and then using the Chameleon Windows Boot.
Its most easy for run the installation and no need
for delete anything in the existing system.

Cheers
Samui67

samui67 said:
Hi guys

back to the front. Its amazing how many people owns now a S3 or another Ultrabook :)
I am wondering about, why nobody is using the
Chameleon Bootloader for Windooze combined with EasyBCD. Actually on my S3 there is
Lion 10. 7. 2, Windooze7 and Ubuntu 11.10 running pretty well. Why nobody is preparing
the Mac USB for install with the DDMAC method
and then using the Chameleon Windows Boot.
Its most easy for run the installation and no need
for delete anything in the existing system.

Cheers
Samui67

I tried the Chameleon and EasyBCD method, but I just wasn't feeling it. I had GRUB2 up and managing my partitions, but when I installed BURG I couldn't get booted into OS X anymore.

The Multibeast Chimera Bootloader is working wonders for me. I have a successful tri-boot of Lion 10.7.2, Windows 7, and Ubuntu 11.10 running quite nicely.

Unless the other methods will fix being able to log into the Mac Store, or having support for the built in wireless card, I have no reason to switch as the system is very stable. Also, I cannot seem to get the battery life indicator working with the provided kext.

My system is pretty stable too, but I only installed Lion on it with the unibeast+multibeast method.
Weird that the battery isn't working for you. It's working pretty well for me. I installed voodoobattery kext, restarted and it was working.
Maybe you could try downloading the kext from internet directly..

However, I still don't have mouse scroll, or the 2 fingers scroll.
Were you able to get mouse scroll? I've tried several kexts but they are not working or I get KP when installing them.
if you do, can you post it here?

have you tried anything for sleep?

cheers

Hi Everyone i am also busy with the installation of Mac OSX 10.6 but also have a panic error which is weird. Hope there will be a way to install this soon on the Ultrabook S3.

Thanks for all the great work you guys put in to make these small things available to some users out there.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back