Contribute
Register

Acer Aspire S3 Ultrabook WLAN and Bluetooth problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sr_JL said:
You don´t have to install multibeast. At least I didn´t. Just exec the bat file in windows after having installed lion with unibeast. Then replace the iso file as said before.
ah..ok! thanks!
Sr_JL said:
BTW I have just installed the minipci card and everything is working great so far!

wifi and bluetooth both working? GREAT!

Just wifi. I don´t use BT. But it is recognized as airdrop and works great. Even in W7 it works much better than the original one.

Sr_JL said:
Just wifi. I don´t use BT. But it is recognized as airdrop and works great. Even in W7 it works much better than the original one.

thanks

I installed win7 just to install chinese files, but now if I delete the windows partition chameleon already working? I really dont want a second win partition.
I would like to have a clean start.

any suggestion welcomed.

PS on my acer hibernation and sound wont work...

PS2 fan seems to be a helicopter :crazy:

DaveDaveBea

Not having any problems with either sleeping or fan here. When you installed did you run the following:

1. the initial install bat with the iso that came packed with it,
2. Reboot into OSX and install the files in the acer drivers zip file
3. Reboot into win, run the uninstall script to remove chameleon, copy the second chameleon iso with the same name and then run install again
4. On the next reboot, you should have a nice normal Apple splash logo for login rather the verbose load screen.

I think that I had sleep issues until I installed the drivers pack from step 2.

Re: The Win partition, if you don't want it can you not just delete it and resize the OSX partition using disk util..the only thing left then would be an orphaned chameleon menu entry?

Cheers

thanks! I try now...
pingu6 said:
the only thing left then would be an orphaned chameleon menu entry?

the problem is: I want to start only osx, but without chameleon i need the usb to boot, so its better an orphaned chameleon menu entry...

correct me if Im wrong

davedavebea said:
thanks! I try now...
pingu6 said:
the only thing left then would be an orphaned chameleon menu entry?

the problem is: I want to start only osx, but without chameleon i need the usb to boot, so its better an orphaned chameleon menu entry...

correct me if Im wrong

Yeah...I think you're right. You are probably going to be stuck with chameleon using this method. Hopefully it's not the end of the world though :)

dont know why but still no sound on my acer:(

Hello Guys,

I'm struggling a little bit with the Sr_JL method.
I had erased all my hard drives (20gb and 320gb) when I first installed OSX with the unibeast method.

Now, erased everything again, installed windows on the 20gb HD, and OSX on the 320 one with the unibeast method, but after installation of OSX I can't boot to windows anymore.
I've tried to boot by directing the boot to the 20gb HD, and using the unibeast USB drive, but neither methods work.

Can someone please explain to me how you did it?
both OS are installed in the same HD? If yes, how did you manage to go through the unibeast installation. If you installed one OS in each HD, how did you manage to boot?

Many thanks to all for your help
cheers
dzelinski

Hi guys... newbie here... just got me an Acer S3 ultrabook i7 with 240GB SSD... after booting with unibeast but keyboard and trackpad doesn't work (within the OSX installer) so I had to connect a USB keyboard/mouse... installed Lion 10.7 and rebooted... but it hangs after booting even in -x mode... how can I get into 10.7 to run multibeast ?

EDIT:

redid my partitions, I originally had it set up to 2 partitions, one Mac, one FAT (for win7), and can't get it to work... I then set it up to a single partition, and was able to run the installer and install 10.7... now my next step is to get it to recognize my keyboard, trackpad... any of you guys were able to use the keyboard or is it just me and this flavor S3 ultrabook?

Hi all,

I was finally able to install.
I actually installed Lion first on the large HD via unibeast, but instead of allocating the whole drive to the installation, I set 2 different partitions. I installed Lion on the first one.

Then I installed Windows on the second partition. After that, I booted directly to windows.
I then installed it168, rebooted to Lion, installed the drivers. uninstalled it168, replaced the iso file. reinstalled it168.

Everything was working perfectly.
I wished then to delete windows as I don't need it.

That wasn't so successfull. I ended up without any boot.
I'll have to restart everything.

Any Ideas?

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back