Contribute
Register

Acer Aspire S3 Ultrabook WLAN and Bluetooth problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
DaveDaveBea

Unibeast does seem to require a complete flattening of the disk I'm afraid (please correct me if I'm wrong anyone).

It's not too painful to get dual boot using the method pointed out by SR_JL on the previous page in the thread....just follow the instructions on the Chinese site. He/she also kindly uploaded the chameleon installer(s) and pkg files for those of us who can't get a working account on the Chinese site.

The only gotcha in the install that I had was that it mangled the active partition flag which is easily fixed by creating a bootable UBCD USB stick before you start.

thank you Pingu6...
I'll try to see the SR_JL's method...

cheers!

pingu6 said:
SR_JL

Thanks for the files...

I've managed to get everything working up to the initial boot....both USBs fine, etc

I was wondering if you could do me a favour and drop the acer_s3_drivers zip file up to mediafire at some point as I can't get an account on IT168 to let me do anything (keep getting a 'your user group cannot do that') whenever I log in. It won't even let me view the thread once logged in....very strange.

Looking pretty good so far though....

There you have it. Glad to see you made it!

http://www.mediafire.com/?xaw6cn7ub8r7i8c

Happy days! All running nicely thanks for the help.

Just need to track down a wifi/bt card now...

pingu6 said:
Happy days! All running nicely thanks for the help.

Just need to track down a wifi/bt card now...

Have you done a clean installation or a dual boot?
Could you please tell me what you have done to have all working?

if I use multibeast system won't start anymore...

thanks!

Sr_JL said:
Thank the Chinese xD

I´ve bought this one:

http://www.ebay.es/itm/280836301167

I still don´t have it. Hope it works fine...

it is the only way (buying a new card) to have wifi?

Hi guys,
as I wrote yesterday Ive done a clean install with no dual boot on my s3.
Using unibeast I installed 10.7.2, then updated to 10.7.3.
I installed drivers from the above post but not multibeast because using it I've always KP.
now I've not working:
-sound
-wifi
-bluetooth
-trackpad (only mouse function)
-hibernation
-booting (I need unibeast usb)
-fan running too fast
-only one usb working

anyone can help me how to solve booting, usb issue and hibernation at least, please?
Using multibeast (which version?) what I've to install on our s3?

Thank you!

DaveDaveBea

I used the dual boot method from the Chinese site which seemed to set up the extras needed for the S3 to play nicely. The first pass gets the chameleon/base install up and once you install the 3 packages in the drivers zip file you can reinstall with the second chameleon iso which tidies everything up.

Re the unibeast/multibeast I seem to remember someone posting that some of the KPs can be avoided by using an earlier version.

Re: Wifi, I've had a good look around here and in other places and there doesn't at the moment seem to be a kext for the atheros chip used in the s3 which means that either an external mini usb dongle or replacing the internal card with something like SR_JL lists a couple of posts above.

pingu6 said:
DaveDaveBea

I used the dual boot method from the Chinese site which seemed to set up the extras needed for the S3 to play nicely. The first pass gets the chameleon/base install up and once you install the 3 packages in the drivers zip file you can reinstall with the second chameleon iso which tidies everything up.

Re the unibeast/multibeast I seem to remember someone posting that some of the KPs can be avoided by using an earlier version.

Re: Wifi, I've had a good look around here and in other places and there doesn't at the moment seem to be a kext for the atheros chip used in the s3 which means that either an external mini usb dongle or replacing the internal card with something like SR_JL lists a couple of posts above.

thank you pingu6!
back from work now...I try to install in a second partition win7 now.
where can I find multibeast earlier version?
tomorrow i will try the wifi card from another laptop...

hope someone find solutions for our Acer s3...
maybe it will be better to open a new thread with wip and progress...

davedavebea said:
pingu6 said:
DaveDaveBea

thank you pingu6!
back from work now...I try to install in a second partition win7 now.
where can I find multibeast earlier version?
tomorrow i will try the wifi card from another laptop...

hope someone find solutions for our Acer s3...
maybe it will be better to open a new thread with wip and progress...

You don´t have to install multibeast. At least I didn´t. Just exec the bat file in windows after having installed lion with unibeast. Then replace the iso file as said before.

BTW I have just installed the minipci card and everything is working great so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back