Graphics
RX 570 8gb HDMI 1920x1080
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Classic Mac
eMac, iBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
I'm trying 'the old way' but I don't have "a set of HS**@ labels followed by numbers" in IORegistry.

And my USB 3.0 isn't seen in OSX System Report or in IORegistry. Where I'm confused is this:

Is this guide for situations where USB 3 ports are seen in system details but don't work properly (and that's what we're fixing) or is it a guide for when there is no evidence of USB 3.0 ports in any system information - and it's fixing that? Or both?

Basically do my USB 3.0 ports have to be seen before they can be 'fixed' - or is the 'fixing' making them seen in system properties?

My USB 3.0 work at 5gb in OSX 10.8.5 but in HS there's no evidence of USB 3 ports in any system info....

I'm actually wondering about installling HS on a separate drive, WITHOUT security updates, so that I can use the 'new' method with Hackintool and then use the SSDT for the 'other drive' with the HS with updates on it. Would that be easier?

Both guides are for everyone using EHCI and XHCI controllers. One is more hands-on and the other more automated.

I referred you back to the original guide because it explains how to create an SSDT template manually, that's all. If you can't work with that, I'm sorry.

You have an old UHCI set of controllers. 1 & 4 are activated (there are a possible 6 in total). So, yes the ports will be enumerated differently to HS (High Speed) and SS (Super Speed). Yours is the first UHCI setup anyone has asked about and modern macOS versions were simply not coded for this by Apple. We are trying to work past this fact but it is bound to be difficult. We could rename the controllers as EHCI so that Apple sees them, but that may not work.

The IOReg screengrab you show indicates GenericUSBXHCI.kext doing its best to put the Renesas ports on an XHCI node. Your machine just does not have a real XHCI stack. Hackintool may not see this as it isn't where expected.

You ask : "Is this guide for situations where USB 3 ports are seen in system details but don't work properly (and that's what we're fixing) or is it a guide for when there is no evidence of USB 3.0 ports in any system information - and it's fixing that? Or both?"

The answer is neither. Those two scenarios are problems few have. These are guides showing how to set-up USB ports on new Hackintoshes, and for Beginners.

Sorry I don't appear to be helping you.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte P67A-UD3P-B3
CPU
i72600K
Graphics
GTX770
The answer is neither. Those two scenarios are problems few have. These are guides showing how to set-up USB ports on new Hackintoshes, and for Beginners.

Sorry I don't appear to be helping you.
Thanks for your knowledge and wisdom. My legacy mobo does seem a bit tricky to set up! I've just installed HS without security updates on a separate drive to see if the Port Limit Patch will work, but doesn't make a difference for me...

In the meantime, I've 'ordered' two different USB 3.0 PCI cards both with sata power connector (and 20 pin expansion for front panel to try out), so when they arrive I'll be able to see if HS will recognise them. If I can get a PCIe USB 3.0 to work (at 5gb speeds) then I'll post details.

Thanks again.

Last edited: