Graphics
RX 570
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Classic Mac
eMac, iBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
@UtterDisbelief ! Just wanted to pop in and let you know that I got bluetooth on the Fenvi T919 working flawlessly now. A couple months ago we were trying for days (weeks) to get it working, and at the time I ended up just using an ASUS BT400 dongle as a workaround, but that was even spotty with it's connection and reliability.

Well, yesterday I installed the Fenvi T919 drivers in Windows 10, and also used the big antennas for the motherboard wifi and screwed them into two ports on the Fenvi card.
Once I started up in macOS again, my bluetooth is working 100%!
Not using the ASUS dongle anymore, the Fenvi bluetooth is working solid, no lag or delay, and all the things I've been wanting to work like handoff, Apple Watch unlock, etc. are all working consistently!

Either it was installing the drivers in Windows 10 (on my other internal ssd), or using the big antennas, or both, but this was the solution! The Fenvi cable from the card is going into the internal USB header on the motherboard.

Love that I finally have success with this!

Good news :thumbup:

Glad you found something that helped. It's so frustrating to be getting nowhere for so long. I do wonder about the antennas we use sometimes. For example those identical generic ones we get given with the device - which promises 10m connectivity and we are lucky if we get 10-cm! Yes, I use my own Gigabyte antenna from a previous build.

:)

Motherboard
Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thanks for the uploads :thumbup:

Okay then ... Bluetooth device on PR17/HP17, located on 'hub' EH01/PR11.

Problem: Hackintool shows port and device active when no SSDT present, however with the SSDT in place, though the port is still visible, there is no device.

IORegistryExplorer does not show a port HP17 with the SSDT in place.

Because there are extra controllers in this system, EHC shows more ports that the default 10x (16)

What is that ExpressCard in your system at HP18?

What kexts do you have installed in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other and Drive: Library/Extensions ?

Thanks.
Sorry for the late response, busy at work.

Don't have anything related to what can be a ExpressCard in the system, so no idea where he's getting this readout.

I'm using OpenCore since last weekend
EFI/OC/kexts:
Schermafbeelding 2020-05-10 om 08.32.49.png

Library/Extensions:
F6225128-E0F4-4569-AD7D-095A559FC334.png

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
I think I have an issue here. I followed this and original rehab guide with no success. My hs list goes to hs14 but ss stops at ss10. Also I’m not sure why I get two devices in top list on hackintool.
I tried booting with flag to inject just hs or ss but it dies nothing.

I attach pics, I’m on latest 2020-003 10.13.6

Attachments

UtterDisbelief

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390M Gaming
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Classic Mac
eMac, iBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
I think I have an issue here. I followed this and original rehab guide with no success. My hs list goes to hs14 but ss stops at ss10. Also I’m not sure why I get two devices in top list on hackintool.
I tried booting with flag to inject just hs or ss but it dies nothing.

I attach pics, I’m on latest 2020-003 10.13.6

Hi there.

A Z170 chipset features 14x USB2.0 ports and 10x USB3.0 ports. If you use ISBInjectAll.kext and a port-limit removal patch you will see them all, along with a couple of USR ports.

Your IORegistryExplorer screengrab shows that you do not have the patch in place.

The reason for 2x devices in the top panel of Hackintool is because your motherboard also uses a third-party, add-on, controller to give it 2x USB3.1 Gen 2 ports on the back-panel, because the Z170 only goes as far as Gen 1. This controller is by an other company called ASMedia (ASM1142). You can ignore these ports as the 15-limit only applies to Intel main chipset USB ports. They will still work.

It can be confusing use the include_ and exclude_ USBInjectAll options so I would recommend following this guide or the more recent one, until you feel confident.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi there.

A Z170 chipset features 14x USB2.0 ports and 10x USB3.0 ports. If you use ISBInjectAll.kext and a port-limit removal patch you will see them all, along with a couple of USR ports.

Your IORegistryExplorer screengrab shows that you do not have the patch in place.

The reason for 2x devices in the top panel of Hackintool is because your motherboard also uses a third-party, add-on, controller to give it 2x USB3.1 Gen 2 ports on the back-panel, because the Z170 only goes as far as Gen 1. This controller is by an other company called ASMedia (ASM1142). You can ignore these ports as the 15-limit only applies to Intel main chipset USB ports. They will still work.

It can be confusing use the include_ and exclude_ USBInjectAll options so I would recommend following this guide or the more recent one, until you feel confident.

Thanks for helping. Actually I did see all of the ports right from the beginning, without the patch. At some point it started to recognize the usb3 device, I don’t know why it didn’t before.
It took me a while to get that those 2 ports are considered extra. Anyway, I deleted the non used and now it’s working good.

Edit:
It is working, but charging an ipad, despite it displaying charging process and not "not in charge", still is slower then it discharging.

Last edited:
Motherboard
ROG Strix Z390E Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K 3.6GHz
Graphics
MSI Radeon RX Vega 56 8Gb
Mac
iMac, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
128K, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
Android
I wanted to say thanx in a huge amount for this guide. All my ports are mapped and I understand now why i needed a 15 port limit, when i could only count 10. So much clearer.

Has also reafirmed my faith that I can do this, as I had been contemplating installing Win10 and trying to learn a new OS so i could justify the expense of a new box. So much to do now cathing up, but one more thing crossed off the list

Thanx so much to the whole community
D

UtterDisbelief

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390M Gaming
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Classic Mac
eMac, iBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
I wanted to say thanx in a huge amount for this guide. All my ports are mapped and I understand now why i needed a 15 port limit, when i could only count 10. So much clearer.

Has also reafirmed my faith that I can do this, as I had been contemplating installing Win10 and trying to learn a new OS so i could justify the expense of a new box. So much to do now cathing up, but one more thing crossed off the list

Thanx so much to the whole community
D

Thanks for the post. Glad you were able to get everything configured correctly.

Yes indeed, this community is the best. :thumbup:

Motherboard
B460M Steel legend
CPU
i5 10400
Graphics
RX 580
Do you have an instruction for Opencore? I'm experiencing Bluetooth keep hackintosh awake right after sleep
Many thanks :thumbup:

Feartech

Motherboard
Asus N752VX-OpenCore
CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD 530 1920 x 1080
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Do you have an instruction for Opencore? I'm experiencing Bluetooth keep hackintosh awake right after sleep
Many thanks :thumbup:

Motherboard
B460M Steel legend
CPU
i5 10400
Graphics
RX 580
I've read but that topic didn't mention about bluetooth. I tried to plug - unplug bluetooth adapter to USB power but it doesn't change