• Coffee Lake with Gigabyte board

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Coffee Lake with Asus board

Votes: 8 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've decided upon a build, now I'm just gathering the parts and pieces.

Here's what I've decided upon:

CPU=i7 8700k
Cooler=Noctua NH-D15
MB=ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-E
Case=Fractal Design Define R5
PSU=SeaSonic SSR-750GD Prime

I'm leaning toward the EVGA 1050i graphics card. I think it would provide all the power I need and since I won't be doing any gaming or mining think this should be more than adequate.

Thanks everyone for your input. Any further suggestions would be very welcome!

A little something I have learned recently, if you do not plan on gaming and are not a die hard nVidia fan then consider something in the Radeon RX5xx lineup (that is if you can find one, I recommend using Neweggs "auto notify" function). I just upgraded my system from a GTX960 to a RX580 and it is a incredible how much smoother MacOS runs on the RX cards. It is really something to consider.

A little something I have learned recently, if you do not plan on gaming and are not a die hard nVidia fan then consider something in the Radeon RX5xx lineup (that is if you can find one, I recommend using Neweggs "auto notify" function). I just upgraded my system from a GTX960 to a RX580 and it is a incredible how much smoother MacOS runs on the RX cards. It is really something to consider.
or try to find a rx480 and load it with a rx580 vbios ;-)
I did this with MSI RX480 8gb Gaming and loaded original MSI RX580 8Gb Gaming on it.
On most cards it will work unless they switches memory company in between.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back