Contribute
Register

280x Not recognised by Mavericks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still not working, I've tried Clover and UniBeast. There must be someone here with a Gigabyte x79 board and a 280x installed? This is a 10.9.2 install by the way.

Thanks.

Change load vbios to true and see if u have any luck. Also are you sure it's Aji for your framebuffer? One more thing is not to mix graphics if you have the radeon in you can't mix with the nvidia.

Thanks for your responses. This is where I am now:

• Mavericks is installed
  • 280x is recognised
  • Nvidia 8400GS is installed

Here's my problem:

I am only able to boot from the 8400GS card, which is in PCI slot 1. if I try and blind boot with the 280x plugged in I get no output. If I try and boot from the 280x it just hangs on like before?

Remove the nvidia card and you should be good. The 280x should be in the first x16 slot .

Its the x79 part thats the issue not the 280x, I have tested a 280/280x and they work fine. OSX does not as of yet have proper support for x79/c60x chipsets.

Hi,

I don't quite understand? X79 boards are working with Mavericks, right? So why doesn't the 280x work with the X79 in Mavericks? I'm sure I've seen Asus X79 boards working with the 280x?

Also, check this guy's site: http://www.robertsondt.com/2013/12/amd-r9-2xx-series-gpu-hackintosh.html he has his working on the same board as mine?

Thanks.

Hey man,

I've got the R9 280x on a UD7 TH gigabyte board and having the same issue. It's not your mobo. I've tried the EFI on the alternate partition method, as well as booting the IGP as the primary and not the R9. I've tried Enoch and Clover bootloaders. Nothing on all fronts. It also hangs for me at a Bluetooth enabler at some point if I -v it. It's changed to the CPU Powermanagemtn one when I changed to clover as the bootloader. So I tried loading the NullCPU one clover offers and that got the furthest.

At that point I gave up and booted windows until somebody manages a multibeast that natively supports it. My knowledge of Kexts and Plists stop at the above undertakings so I can't get much further.

I was wondering if you have the XFX R9 280x double black edition? Might at least be able to single out the card.

If you get anywhere keep it posted please,

I'm almost certain it's the card. I also have the XFX R9 280x Black Edition and am having the same problems. For me, the problem seems to be that the AMDFramebuffer.kext isn't loading. I've tried all combinations of AtiConfig and ATIPorts and an edited frame buffer with no success.

edit: Even when it hangs on boot, I'm able to remote log into the computer and I can hear sound if I press the volume keys.

I think the framebuffer the bootloader is loading is incorrect. Try Chutoro, Ebi or Gari instead of Aji. Aji is for a 4 port card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back