Contribute
Register

280x Not recognised by Mavericks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok we did it,

flashed his bios in windows 7 to the oldest firmware from my card (Double D), to his black card. The card doesn't work now in windows (not really a loss, jejeje) but works very well under OSX 10.9.1... will keep updated about 10.9.2

ok after a month of work the card started to fail, i would say stay out of XFX R9 cards...

Sorry to re-hash an old thread, but I just bought an XFX R9 280X (not the Black edition), and I have the same motherboard as you. It works in Windows, but freezes for OS X and I can't get past the installer (the verbose mode freezes at different points, but always seems to be around the time the graphics are booting up).

I've read 2 main suggestions to get this card to boot.

1) Boot using internal graphics as primary, but then disable internal graphics. I keep trying this, but my BIOS just reverts to "Auto" for primary graphics.

2) Creating an EFI Partition

Did creating that EFI partition work for you? My concern is that Windows won't work anymore (I had read about Windows boot not working properly after people did the EFI partition thing).

Finally, not really sure how to flash a BIOS of a video card, but if I have the DD version of this card, I probably don't need to do that, right?

Any help is appreciated.

Hi
I got the same radeon card but i can't get it to work properly it crashes my FPCX.
can you give me your VGABIOS for this card ?

it's XFX R9 280X DD black edition am i right?
i got two of the and it scores 11412 in LUXMARK and both of them score 25414
luxmark says it's AMD Radeon HD XT Prototype Compute Engine GPU 32 1080 MHz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back