Contribute
Register

2013 CustoMac Budget ATX Build -- Clean install OSX 10.8.4, NO AUDIO

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it can't be made certain whether the all of the drivers were installed or if I corrected the mistake, can I simply return to MB and install Select ALC887/ALC888b/v100302 Current without a fresh install?
I don't know. Try selecting the one correct audio choice. Reply with IOReg.

I don't know. Try selecting the one correct audio choice. Reply with IOReg.
Selected single audio file and now at 10min pause of DRMStatus, similar reboots previous audio driver installations. I did create a "Post-install/Pre-Reboot" IOReg I could submit if I reboot with -x. Not sure if it's helpful. As for now, the system is still at DRM Status... 12min

...And I will install everything to the point of where we were.

Any validity to needing to run 10.8.4 on the machine from where it's stored, prior to loading it to USB? Contrary to this message, my MBP is running 10.8.4.

"installation problems
As this was my first build I hoped for an easy setup. But I was disappointed. I had some hardware problems at first, but this is not connected to the build.
I started by getting my ML installation USB stick like descriedhere
. I did this on an older MacBook Pro running Snow Leopard.
I then ran in all kinds of trouble. The GPU was disconnected, I did everything over the HD4000 on a full-HD display. I got issues with network drivers, graphic drivers and could only install with -x flags on 1024x768 res. I just couldn't get a stable booting system. It took me two days and many reinstalls to find a forum post were someone mentioned in an unrelated sentence that the ML installer had to be run once before the Unibeast Stick would work. Desperate as I was I tried that. I installed ML on the MacBook Pro and started from scratch."

From Post 1
Joram's Build: Core i7-3770 - GA-Z77-DS3H - 16 GB RAM - 650 GTX

Simple fix did not work. Fresh install.

Fresh install with all steps from most previous posts-

1-Fresh install and MB DL
2-UserDSDT/DSDT (IOReg)
3-Reboot
4-HDAEnabler1.kext via Kextbeast (IOReg)
5-Reboot
6-Unplug/Plug HDMI, SINGLE audio file, 1080p (IOReg and SS of installed MB items)
7-Reboot
8-60sec pause on "macx_swapon...", DRMStatus pause now 10min.

I can reboot with -x and provide and IOReg and/or SS from any of the steps above that indicate one was created. System idle at DRMStatus screen :beachball:

Any validity to needing to run 10.8.4 on the machine from where it's stored, prior to loading it to USB? Contrary to this message, my MBP is running 10.8.4.
No, it does not matter what version is running on the host. UniBeast uses the Install Mountain Lion app from the App Store.

Nothing to look at?
Ha, ha! It's remained idle at the DRM Status since that message was created and has not changed. I was attempting to give it more time as you stated that message doesn't stop boot. The only thing I could provide is an IOReg if I reboot with -x. I also noted the points where I created IORegs and I could provide those if they'd be helpful?

Fresh install with all steps from most previous posts-

1-Fresh install and MB DL
2-UserDSDT/DSDT (IOReg)
3-Reboot
4-HDAEnabler1.kext via Kextbeast (IOReg)
5-Reboot
6-Unplug/Plug HDMI, SINGLE audio file, 1080p (IOReg and SS of installed MB items)
7-Reboot
8-60sec pause on "macx_swapon...", DRMStatus pause now 10min. ****EDIT****as of this message 5hrs.

7-Reboot
8-60sec pause on "macx_swapon...", DRMStatus pause now 10min. ****EDIT****as of this message 5hrs.
Last suggestion:
6-Unplug/Plug HDMI
6a-1080p

6b-Reboot

6c-Make bootable backup
6d-MultiBeast/ALC887 Current (SS of installed MB items)
6e-Disk Utility/Select system drive/Repair Permissions
7-Reboot
8-IOReg

Last suggestion:
6-Unplug/Plug HDMI
6a-1080p

6b-Reboot

6c-Make bootable backup
6d-MultiBeast/ALC887 Current (SS of installed MB items)
6e-Disk Utility/Select system drive/Repair Permissions
7-Reboot
8-IOReg

Should I be deleting the HDAEnabler1.Kext from the desktop after intalling with KB... Will using MB to install Audio, 1080p, etc. be compromised if it's still there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back