Contribute
Register

2013 CustoMac Budget ATX Build -- Clean install OSX 10.8.4, NO AUDIO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Double check using these adjustments. If they are not set then this may be why you do not get audio directly out of the computer. If the audio out port is set incorrectly then it will not work.

The audio WILL work from Apple TV regardless of whether any audio out ports on the computer are working.

Adrian B

I edit my response to ur previous post to include that those additional settings are not available... see below.

OK, now I understand - sorry that your having this problem. Toleda is probably the best person to help.

Good luck :thumbup:

Adrian B

Agreed! Thanks for the takin a shot, though! toleda has been very helpful.

The sysdef change rendered a freeze at System Startup in nanoseconds: ----

I then manually changed the sys def back to 3,1 in smbios.plist (5>3)

* Previously audio worked immediately via front and rear jacks (until I rebooted, of course)

I rebooted with success- Audio drivers installed, but no audio (via the audio jack anyway).
What tool did you use to change the sysdef to macmini5,1?
Which version of MultiBeast/ALC887 did you install?
When you installed audio, you said it worked until a restart. Did you boot off the installer for the audio install?

When you installed audio, you said it worked until a restart. Did you boot off the installer for the audio install?

For the mm5,1 change u recommended i used MB

W/O DSDT > ALC887 > Current

No installer was used for the boot when installing the audio back at post 20#... When I said "previously", I was referring to the last time I installed the audio drivers when the system hung up (post #20).

For what it's worth... I studied Chemistry for my BS and am a Nurse by trade. That said, I am very systematic by nurture, and take care to not to leave out any steps I've taken. Additionally, I work one step at a time with the hope that it will help me to better isolate the problem... e.g., If i install mm5,1, then i would restart to observe and changes before moving to audio.

For the mm5,1 change u recommended i used MB

W/O DSDT > ALC887 > Current

No installer was used for the boot when installing the audio back at post 20#... When I said "previously", I was referring to the last time I installed the audio drivers when the system hung up (post #20).
I am referring to Post #27 not post #20. I am aware of the history.
Sysdef: "I then manually changed the sys def back to 3,1 in smbios.plist (5>3)" Not good. macpro5,1 always procudes a KP with a clean installation.
macpro has no support for integrated graphics. Try macmini6,x, boot verbose and take a screenshot of where the boot stops. If that doesn't work, try imac13.x

I am referring to Post #27 not post #20. I am aware of the history.
Sysdef: "I then manually changed the sys def back to 3,1 in smbios.plist (5>3)" Not good. macpro5,1 always procudes a KP with a clean installation.
macpro has no support for integrated graphics. Try macmini6,x, boot verbose and take a screenshot of where the boot stops. If that doesn't work, try imac13.x

Since I made a rookie mistake by changing the smbios.plist file, should I do a clean install, prior to attempting these new sysdef changes? Did doing so affect changes elsewhere or will the change to mm6,x with MB overwrite my screwup?

Try macmini6,x, boot verbose and take a screenshot of where the boot stops. If that doesn't work, try imac13.x

I installed MM6,2 via MB from where I left off... The system booted back to the desktop w/o a hitch. No audio still. IOReg here: View attachment jtbacct.zip

Unplugged roommates ATV to eliminate any possible conflicts there, so nothing shows in SysPref>Sounds>Outputs.
Sys information shows IHDA as imaged in #27 still, however airdisplay is not shown, presumably since the ATV was unplugged.

Current screenshot of these settings. Screen Shot 2013-06-19 at 1.56.05 PM.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back