Intel HD graphics 4600
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
::Summary::

My laptop is a HP 17-e116dx. I decided to format and reinstall Yosemite and document my progress component by component until everything is working.

I replaced the wifi card with a aw-ce123h.

I am using Clover as my bootloader.

Working:
  • WIFI with 5ghz
  • HD4600 Grapgics with QE/CI
  • Sound

Currently Not Working:
  • Bluetooth
  • Waking from sleep
  • Ethernet adapter
  • Battery Status

::KEXTS INSTALLED::

CLOVER-KEXTS:
  • FakeSMC
  • FakePCIID
  • FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400
  • GenericUSBXHCI
  • VoodooPS2Controller
  • BcrmPatchRam

/S/L/E:
  • bcm4352.kext

For Graphics:
  • Clover inject IntelGFX: 0x4128086
  • Clover inject ig-platform-id: 0x0a260006
  • FakePCIID Suite of kexts

For WIFI:
  • bcm4352.kext
  • Airport Clover Kext Patch
  • 5ghz Clover Kext Patch

For sound:

• IRQ, DTGP and HDEF DSDT patches with layout-id 3
  • ALC 282 patched AppleHDA kext

::CURRENT ISSUE::

I am attempting to get bluetooth to work. I have handoff enabled and can view other devices and they can view my laptop but after pairing with them they immediately disconnect.

Currently, I'm using the BrcmPatchRam in clover kexts and the following find/replace in clover kext patches for IOBluetoothFamily.

FIND: 4885C0745C0FB748
REPLACE: 41BE0F000000EB59

:: Audio Isssue [SOLVED] ::
I'm working on and need help with audio right now. I'm pretty sure I have to inject audio id 3 and then use a properly patched AppleHDA for my device. I also believe my audio device uses the ALC282 or ALC3227 codec, but have attached the linux card dumps below.

I've attached my config.plist , ioreg, and codec dump from linux for my card. Any help would be extremely appreciated; if anyone needs more information, just let me know.

I've also attached my DSDT extracted from /proc/acpi/dsdt on linux. I have not installed this DSDT, I just know I'm going to need it.

::DPCIManager Output::
8086, 8C20, 103C, 1977, Intel Corporation, 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset High Definition Audio Controller

Attachments

• card0.txt
    4 KB · Views: 237
  • card1.txt
    10.3 KB · Views: 280
  • config.plist.txt
    4.9 KB · Views: 299
  • DSDT.aml
    65.6 KB · Views: 216
  • ioreg.ioreg
    1.2 MB · Views: 176
Last edited:
::CURRENT ISSUE::

I'm working on and need help with audio right now. I'm pretty sure I have to inject audio id 3 and then use a properly patched AppleHDA for my device. I also believe my audio device uses the ALC282 or ALC3227 codec, but have attached the linux card dumps below.

First you need to find/patch an AppleHDA.kext. The layout-id is an arbitrary choice on the part of the person creating the patched AppleHDA.

Audio: Best result with patched AppleHDA. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'. Search for suitable AppleHDA or patch it yourself. Apply appropriate DSDT patches.

DSDT patches for patched AppleHDA are covered in the DSDT/SSDT patching guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

Roger that. I haven't found an AppleHDA to work for my codec so I'll be patching it myself.

I'll start a log for my progress so if I fail maybe someone will know why

Patching AppleHDA.kext for ALC 282 : 0x10ec0282

..coming soon with edits...

Tried the 282 AppleHDA kext from that post already. I installed it to /S/L/E with kext wizard and repaired permissions/rebuild cache. Injected audio id 3 with clover and get same symptoms; no devices.

I just posted a reply in that thread for help, but I'll continue patching myself until something turns up.

Not at first, I thought if I was injecting an audio id with clover then I didn't need DSDT edits.

I just patched my linux extracted DSDT with IRQ Fix and Layout-ID-12 (using layout ID 3 as set by the patched AppleHDA). Still no good.

I tried that with no luck, I've attached my modified DSDT.dsl View attachment DSDT.zip

Not at first, I thought if I was injecting an audio id with clover then I didn't need DSDT edits.

I just patched my linux extracted DSDT with IRQ Fix and Layout-ID-12 (using layout ID 3 as set by the patched AppleHDA). Still no good.

I tried that with no luck, I've attached my modified DSDT.dsl View attachment 133026

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

Thanks! I attached the compressed RehabMan dir with the patchmatic output and a zipped ioreg.reg from the app attached to the linked post.

Here is the output of the kextstat commands:

Code:
Hurrys-MBP:new jowee$ kextstat | grep -y acpiplat   13    2 0xffffff7f824da000 0x65000    0x65000    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (3.1) <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>
Hurrys-MBP:new jowee$ kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
Hurrys-MBP:new jowee$

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    40.2 KB · Views: 90
  • ioreg.zip
    299.6 KB · Views: 117
Thanks! I attached the compressed RehabMan dir with the patchmatic output and a zipped ioreg.reg from the app attached to the linked post.

Here is the output of the kextstat commands:

Code:
Hurrys-MBP:new jowee$ kextstat | grep -y acpiplat   13    2 0xffffff7f824da000 0x65000    0x65000    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (3.1) <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>
Hurrys-MBP:new jowee$ kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
Hurrys-MBP:new jowee$

The ioreg looks ok (although power management is not implemented correctly).

It could be a problem with the AppleHDA itself or the way you installed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back