Contribute
Register

10.7.4 Sandy Bridge CPU Power Management Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
ovb1 said:
MacMan said:
This is the version I'm using:MSRDumper.kext.zip

Thanks MacMan that version works properly now. :)

Has anyone else found that with an iMac symbios you only get min and max pstates?
With MacPro 3.1 I get a much wider range?

Yes, with the iMac 12,2 system definition I only get 16 and 42. Unfortunately I have to use this definition or else my OpenGL performance gets cut in half after the machine wakes up from a sleep cycle.

Any help would be appreciated:

Im STILL only getting 16 and 38, after checking with MSR dumper. Not sure what else to do now.

What Ive tried:

changed to mac pro 3,1
installed i7 SSDT
installed speedstepper
Changed BIOS settings to recommended
deleted drop SSDT from boot list
just now deleted generate p-states from boot list.

Can anyone let me know what Im doing wrong? Im not getting any of the same results that mac man posted from MSR dumper, just always the same 16 and 38 from mac pro 3,1 and mac mini system defs.

philz said:
For the overclockers above 4.2 (that's what multibeast OC goes up to) take a look at the second post in my OC thread:
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=60862

Should make it work. Remember that system definition still matters, macmini5,1 works fine or 5,3 :)

philz where do you get the Macmini 5,3 system definition?

beelzebozo said:
Craigrox said:
In the main post it says the first i5 that is supported is the 2500. I am using the i5-2400 which the standard clock speed is 200MHz slower I believe. I have been affected by the 10.7.4 update and am wondering if it is safe for me to use this new fix?

When I added DropSSDT to chameleon before now the pc would fail to boot with something similar to TJMax=0.

Thank you for the update and hope it supports my system!

You don't need this fix for your processor type.

Could someone tell me what BIOS settings I should have for ASUS P8P67 using 15-2400 sandybridge? As I say, my BIOS settings were fine in 10.7.3 but everything broke down for 10.7.4

cliffom said:
ovb1 said:
MacMan said:
This is the version I'm using:MSRDumper.kext.zip

Thanks MacMan that version works properly now. :)

Has anyone else found that with an iMac symbios you only get min and max pstates?
With MacPro 3.1 I get a much wider range?

Yes, with the iMac 12,2 system definition I only get 16 and 42. Unfortunately I have to use this definition or else my OpenGL performance gets cut in half after the machine wakes up from a sleep cycle.

I use the iMac 12,2 system def as well and there is a simple fix that works great by copying the stepping data from a MacbookPro plist and adding it to the iMac plist. Check out this thread eMatoS shows how to do it.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32227&start=0.
I get 9 PStates using with this method.

the_gael said:
philz said:
For the overclockers above 4.2 (that's what multibeast OC goes up to) take a look at the second post in my OC thread:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=60862

Should make it work. Remember that system definition still matters, macmini5,1 works fine or 5,3 :)

philz where do you get the Macmini 5,3 system definition?

Just change a 5,1 macmini to a 5,3 macmini. I choose the 5,3 as it has a Quad Core i7 with HT. As it is the server version of the current mini. Also most changed of all the SMBIOS definitions with the new update. Haven't had any issues so far.

Hi there m8s!

Just wanna report here that I did the combo update 10.7.4 today and used MB 4.5.1 and everything is right where it should be! Thanx a lot for all the text and infos on this forum.

BW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back