Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370P-D3
CPU
i5-8600K
Graphics
UHD630+Vega 64
Specs:
  • Moth: Gigabyte Z370P-D3
  • SYMBIOS: iMac 18,3 (currently, suspect change is needed)
  • chip: 8600k
  • Graphics: Vego 64 (and UHD630 for FCPX)
  • 16GB RAM
  • Filevault 2

Well I’m hoping the community can show me some love. Ever since I got my mackintosh up and running, I’ve had a few hiccups that bothered me, but have worsened. Then, I updated to 10.14.5, and everything is so bad I don’t even enjoy using my hackintosh. I’m writing on my MacBook because I’ve grown so frustrated. This sucks because I need to work on a bunch of videos for work and I’m about to throw the whole computer away.

Forever issue: my BCM94360 was recommended as a plug and play bluetooth and wifi card. Wifi is a peach in MacOS, but bluetooth on MacOS and windows leads to CONSTANT disconnects. The keyboard, even worse, will sometimes do repeated keys. Like I’ll type Hello and it’ll type: hhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllooooo. The trackpad will also disconnect at times, but significantly less often

There is no pattern to this behavior. I bought the BCM94360 because I found it highly recommended to hackintoshes and am wondering if I am having a unique experience. I typed this entire thing on my MacBook Pro with both the keyboard and trackpad connected without a single hiccup.

Issues that came with 10.14.5
  • Audio through HDMI starts out kind of static-ie with louder noises. Then it’ll buffer a bit and be completely gone. Bluetooth audio works perfectly (and never disconnects), however every now and then it completely freezes
  • Computer will completely freeze up. There is no pattern, but typically when I’m quickly multitasking (ie: in safari, cmd+tab to FCPX, then cmd+space spotlight. This quick change in tasks can bring up the beach ball and consequently trigger a complete system freeze)
  • Also the only reason I upgraded to 10.14.5 was because this was supposed to control the fans of my vega card, it has not.

Current EFI attached below. Clover has been updated relatively often. I kept trying to fix my old EFI and tried again from scratch. I can’t even find the dark wake argument anymore. I’ve been throwing plug ins at it trying to make it work, but no changes. I know that’s not the way to go about a diagnosis but hey. I have also attached my EFI from 10.14.2 prior to Filevault if that helps. I tried iMac 19,1 for the matching chip but that made the system incredibly unstable.

This is a video and photo editing rig first, so FCPX exports working flawlessly is very important.

Attachments

• CLOVER (current).zip
    7.5 MB · Views: 152
  • EFI after seeing upgrade issues.zip
    7.8 MB · Views: 170
  • stupid perfect, before filevault.zip
    7.8 MB · Views: 150
Specs:
  • 16GB RAM
  • Filevault 2

Well I’m hoping the community can show me some love. Ever since I got my mackintosh up and running, I’ve had a few hiccups that bothered me, but have worsened. Then, I updated to 10.14.5, and everything is so bad I don’t even enjoy using my hackintosh. I’m writing on my MacBook because I’ve grown so frustrated. This sucks because I need to work on a bunch of videos for work and I’m about to throw the whole computer away.

Forever issue: my BCM94360 was recommended as a plug and play bluetooth and wifi card. Wifi is a peach in MacOS, but bluetooth on MacOS and windows leads to CONSTANT disconnects. The keyboard, even worse, will sometimes do repeated keys. Like I’ll type Hello and it’ll type: hhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllooooo. The trackpad will also disconnect at times, but significantly less often

There is no pattern to this behavior. I bought the BCM94360 because I found it highly recommended to hackintoshes and am wondering if I am having a unique experience. I typed this entire thing on my MacBook Pro with both the keyboard and trackpad connected without a single hiccup.

• Audio through HDMI starts out kind of static-ie with louder noises. Then it’ll buffer a bit and be completely gone. Bluetooth audio works perfectly (and never disconnects), however every now and then it completely freezes
  • Computer will completely freeze up. There is no pattern, but typically when I’m quickly multitasking (ie: in safari, cmd+tab to FCPX, then cmd+space spotlight. This quick change in tasks can bring up the beach ball and consequently trigger a complete system freeze)
  • Also the only reason I upgraded to 10.14.5 was because this was supposed to control the fans of my vega card, it has not.

Current EFI attached below. Clover has been updated relatively often. I kept trying to fix my old EFI and tried again from scratch. I can’t even find the dark wake argument anymore. I’ve been throwing plug ins at it trying to make it work, but no changes. I know that’s not the way to go about a diagnosis but hey. I have also attached my EFI from 10.14.2 prior to Filevault if that helps. I tried iMac 19,1 for the matching chip but that made the system incredibly unstable.

This is a video and photo editing rig first, so FCPX exports working flawlessly is very important.

Hello there.

A few ideas/suggestions:

1) WiFi/Bluetooth card is fine. This drop-out problem is usually due to aerial/antenna. A few ideas and a useful guide here.

2) Although you have uploaded your EFI folders, we can't see your Library/Extensions folder so these problems may be exacerbated here. For example - any kexts duplicated between EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other and Library/Extensions?

3) Which method for enabling sound did you choose? AppleALC, Realtek ALC887 or VooDoo ?

4) Because of (2) above we Can't see if you enabled all USB ports. From one of your EFI folders it seems you installed USBInjectAll.kext but no SSDT or port-limit removal patch.

5) Vega 64 GPU fan guidance and suggestions are in the Graphics thread.

I know you may think all this seems unlikely, but as you say you've had problems for a long time and they only got worse with the 10.14.5 update.

So, finally how did you install Mojave in the first place? Was it a fresh install - and if so how did you do this? Or was it an upgrade from High Sierra?

:)

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. Right off the bat this was a fresh install of 10.14.2, then Time Machine restored my MacBook Pro. I have just found that whatevergreen and USBInjectAll were in the /system/library/extensions, and I have removed them prepared to see the results for reboot. I did that so long ago I completely forgot.

1) I skimmed that thread and I would agree that the position of my antenna's is likely the problem (about 4" gap between my desktop and the wall)

2) addressed in intro there :) (whatevergreen and USBInjectAll were on system)

3) I chose AppleALC. For my motherboard, this seemed like the best option for my motherboard. I have played around with different audio identifiers in Clover configurator.

4) I haven't enabled anything. I've tried a number of times to get my USB ports working but without luck. So I have a USB-less hackintosh. This, yes - is incredibly inconvenient but I airdrop from my MacBook Pro to get around this.

5) I will check the thread but I thought fan issues were addressed in 10.14.5, which is the sole reason I upgraded from beautiful and perfect 10.14.2

The bluetooth disconnects have been my only long standing issues. I built the computer in January, got a dGPU in March. Got 90% of my hiccups fixed by April. Then on May 3, I got everything except the bluetooth (and USB but I overlook that) completely addressed. Benchmarks were making hits and FCPX would not fail on export, although that is another issue I now get every now and then. 10.14.5 created the issues I described above. I did the upgrade to 10.14.5 on May 23, so I haven't had these issues long however I've been using it less often.

I typed this thing by turning my rig 90˚ and haven't had any connection issues in regards to bluetooth. Huge thanks for that.

Edit: I don't mind creating an entirely new Clover configuration if it means I can iron things out.

Specs:
  • 16GB RAM
  • Filevault 2

Please make a backup of your existing EFI folder so that you can boot from it in the even this one doesn't work for you at all, then try this one....

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    7.7 MB · Views: 163
Please make a backup of your existing EFI folder so that you can boot from it in the even this one doesn't work for you at all, then try this one....
This didn't get me to the apple logo.

Well I owe the community an apology. I have about 18 partitions or something ridiculous - 4 separate internal drives, most with two purposeful partitions, then EFI's, APFS partitions - adds up. Needless to say, the EFI I uploaded was my "backup" EFI. It's been so long since I've messed with my EFI I forgot which one was my boot EFI. I have two separate working EFI's so when I mess with one, I can still boot with the other.

Long story short, the EFI I uploaded was my backup EFI...I think. I've lost track between all my backups on my desktop and the EFI's on drives. I booted off my other bootable EFI and..bam. In MacOS with no audio problems, no surprise power offs, and tilting my rig has fixed my connection issues with my keyboard. I mean, I'm properly happy now. I will probably play around to see how I can make my Vega 64 happiest with my other EFI, but super happy right now :)

I have been enjoying my near problem free hackintosh for a while now, I'm quite happy. My only hiccup I'm having now is that my wifi card is insanely slow after a long sleep ie maybe 8+ hours? I can't find anything else like this. This is a small issue as a reboot fixes this instantly, but a small nuisance. Would appreciate anyone who can point me in the right direction

I have been enjoying my near problem free hackintosh for a while now, I'm quite happy. My only hiccup I'm having now is that my wifi card is insanely slow after a long sleep ie maybe 8+ hours? I can't find anything else like this. This is a small issue as a reboot fixes this instantly, but a small nuisance. Would appreciate anyone who can point me in the right direction

Are you using a DW1830?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back